• Register Today It's free!

Door Pillars 02 Explorer

myEBxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 EB
I have an 02 EB Explorer, and have a problem with the door pillars on the exterior, the paint at the top seems to be peeling and/or fading. Is this a common problem and does anyone know of a solution?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an 02 EB Explorer, and have a problem with the door pillars on the exterior, the paint at the top seems to be peeling and/or fading. Is this a common problem and does anyone know of a solution?

I have the exact same problem. I hope there is a fix for this.

Are you talking about the black painted area on each door?

Pick up a set of chrome covers on ebay.. I think they look great and plan to get a set for my explorer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-02-07-Pillar-Pillars-Post-chrome_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQihZ014QQitemZ330142009990QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
45_1.jpg

Do they make them in Black or maybe carbon fiber. How about covers for the rear hatch pillars that fade too.

Bump.

I need replacements, too.

maybe you can sand them and clear coat them.(thats what it looks like to me thats peeling/faded) Might save you having to replace them all. Mine is faded too, but that's a low priority project.

Just noticed mine are faded too. Wiped on a little armor all and they don't look too bad. I'll try some wax next week and see if it helps.

Edward

'02 XLT V6 FLEX Fuel the Wife looks great driving this beast!

I have the same issue on all my pillars on my '02. Wax didn't help mine, they need a new clear coat, although they're partially faded now so it probably wouldn't help much other than to restore the shine. I haven't looking into replacements, but I think I'd have a hard time spending a few hundred bucks on something like that, especially since I have 105k miles on it and I just finished paying it off.

Back