Doug's Fun with herculiner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Doug's Fun with herculiner

You should all be happy to know i herculined my truck and kept it off my hootus. (sorry gerald :D) I pulled out the carpet and herculined the floor of the explorer and i herculined the rockers up to the molding on the doors. and here are the pics..

Attachments

• 106-0602_img.jpg
    106-0602_img.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,669

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

another

Attachments

• 106-0607_img.jpg
    106-0607_img.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 13,122

Attachments

• 106-0609_img.jpg
    106-0609_img.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,397

last one, I dont have any pics of it with the seats in ill have to take some tomorrow. It's not nearly as loud on the highway as i thought it would be.

Attachments

• 106-0612_img.jpg
    106-0612_img.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,524

Will herculiner cover the holes left in your rocker panels after the factory running boards are removed?Just wondering if it was thick enough.I want to take mine off and needed to find something to cover them up.

nope the holes are still there. It's not thick enough to cover them up.

lol, it looks like somebody stole your truck and gutted it in the first pic...

Lookin' good, Panda-boy! :thumbsup:

I gotta ask..... Why pull the carpet out and paint?

the carpet was toast... and if i sink the truck in the water i can just pull out the body plugs and drain the water. worse comes to worse i can pull out the seats and powerwash it. Now i need a snorkle and ill be all set. :)

That's what we call down here a brutal job!!!! it's look's pretty clean!! congrats!!

I gotta ask even at risk of sounding like an idiot for missing another post, etc. but why herculine that if you are parting it out...Are you just keeping the body and frame basically and droppin a new engine & trans. etc. etc. for ur trail rig?

Originally posted by hornz2000
I gotta ask even at risk of sounding like an idiot for missing another post, etc. but why herculine that if you are parting it out...Are you just keeping the body and frame basically and droppin a new engine & trans. etc. etc. for ur trail rig?
your thinkin of the wrong one, he has 2, this is his good one ;)

LOL, yeah i have 2 trucks. I used the pics i just took to try and get an idea of what another guy is talking about. :)

Originally posted by matt97
Will herculiner cover the holes left in your rocker panels after the factory running boards are removed?Just wondering if it was thick enough.I want to take mine off and needed to find something to cover them up.

If those hole are the same size as the ones used to mount the tupperware, then go to the local hardware store and 5/16" nylon grommets and plug them with those. Makes it look like rivets under the herculiner. That's what I used to fill up mine when I herculined my rockers.

Dave...

P.S. Now that you have the black lower trim from the herculiner it's time to switch to the black rock crawler wheels...:D Otherwise it looks bada55...

Yeah im painting my rims black tomorrow.. im unmounting the 33s and put on 35s :D i cant wait.

Just checking, You're using paint on the wheels, not herculiner right?

lol yeah im giving them the krylon touch. I dont think herculiner would balance to well.

i'm planning on doing underneath the seats here pretty soon, how do you take the seats out. mine have wires running to the front ones and i'm wondering if there is an adapter that can just snap off

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seats are held in with 5 bolts. i just left the wires under the seats alone since thet dont get in the way. there is a wire bundle that runs along the feet of the rear passengers that i still have to cover up so it doesnt get damaged. you can see it a little bit in the 2nd picture.

Back