things I'm attacking with herculiner! LOL | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

things I'm attacking with herculiner! LOL

I'm suprised you don't know already... when I get an idea in my head, no matter how absolutely stupid the idea is, I'll make it work somehow (except like the solid axle which I COULD make work but I'm too dang cheap for) LOL.
Problem with that herculiner is I've done all that stuff (about 3-4 coats on the bumper even!) and I've still only used about a half a gallon so I start looking for other things, like "hey it'd be cool if I herculined this piece of wood" or "hey I should herculine the handle to this shovel" or "I should herculine the neighbors cat" LOL.
I haven't done any of those but still! :)
Oh yes, my weiner remained herculiner free as well, LOL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heh - I was just kidding about the rims. I like the aluminum look myself. But I did have an idea for Herculiner use.. Maybe your steering wheel? MUAHAHA, j/k But seriously, you could use Herculiner for interior accents maybe? If the Ricers can use carbon-fiber, us of-road guys can use Herculiner. :D:smoke:

Hey... we've done Herked the weiner... so why not the neighbors pu@@@. :) Sorry... I know that was bad.

Matt... don't forget to Herk the base of the Hi-Lift jack. I've had my truck fall off the jack a few times, and the Herk helped "grip" the ground a bit. I also did my ramps with the stuff. Just keep looking...

Why not do as much as you can under the Explorer? U se it like an undercaoting to prevent rust and protect. I wonder about Herculiner in the doors to reduse sound and rattles?

Herc on sale

If anyone is looking for some Herculiner and is as cheap as I am, then head to your local Carquest dealer this week. They have it on sale for $79.99 for the kit, plus you get a $20.00 mail in rebate! So thats almost half off! Wish me luck I will be attempting my Herc project in the next week or so!!!!

herculiner on the roof?

Since herculiner is apparently the second best upgrade available for an Exploder :) will it work on the roof?

We have scratched the top with camping gear or kayaks and, as with many other early models, have started getting some speckling of rust around the roof rack area.

Is it feasible to apply herculiner on top and partially down the front pillars? Does it come in colors other than black? If so, should the paint be sanded first?

Thanks, Bob

Bob, sure it'd work on the roof :). You don't actually sand the paint, basically you scuff the paint with the included scuffer to take away any shinyness and get off the first layer of paint, then you use xylene or acetone ot kind of eat through the paint and form a surface which herculiner can bond to. It comes in black, red, and silver, though typically red and silver you'll have to special order. If you want custom color matching might want to check out line-x or rhino lining. It'd cost more but they can make it be a perfect match.

Back