• Register Today It's free!

Driver window issue

Nick S

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
so my power window worked untill a few weeks the wife went crazy up and down on it cause i think the regulator is out of wack. So she went up down on and it stopped working plus all the other windows and 4wd hi low flashed. So i figured out she blew the 30 amp fuse under the hood. I replaced the fuse and it fixed everything but driver windowo wouldnt go down, just make noises and cut out the electrical. So i bought a new window master switch, put it in and everything worked like new, all windows up and down just fine. Now i went up and down twice fast to get the window to shut properly and now it blew the fuse again plus window wont go down again just make the lights go real dim. Im back to square one again it couldnt have just ben the switch going bad again i wonder if theres something else blowing the fuse and shorting out my switch?

now its getting worse, when i touched driver down the electric cuts out like it shuts the lights off, radio. driver up is fine all other windwos up and down fine

Look for a broken wire in your driver's door bundle between door and frame. Very common area for problems.

Back