Dual 4.2 inch cluster screens - Climate missing | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual 4.2 inch cluster screens - Climate missing

I agree it should be brought back its a very useful feature especially since the goal is to reduce driver distraction and do more with hands on the steering wheel as apposed to reaching for an IP mounted control.

Most feature changes are done as a result of customer feedback so Im a little surprised by this feature delete.

Rebecca is it possible to convey our concerns to the decision makers at IVT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.......Most feature changes are done as a result of customer feedback so Im a little surprised by this feature delete........
If that is the case, then it would lead one to believe that feedback from most customers, like myself, showed they didn't use it. My RH display is on the Navigation display 99.9% of the time.

Peter

If that is the case, then it would lead one to believe that feedback from most customers, like myself, showed they didn't use it. My RH display is on the Navigation display 99.9% of the time.

Peter

I don't know.. It seems counterproductive to remove a feature that may be used by anyone, especially when having the climate controls there doesn't really negatively impact anyone, or create a loss of cohesion. There is no valid reason to remove a functional and unobtrusive feature.

I don't know.. It seems counterproductive to remove a feature that may be used by anyone, especially when having the climate controls there doesn't really negatively impact anyone, or create a loss of cohesion. There is no valid reason to remove a functional and unobtrusive feature.
Can't disagree with you on that. It doesn't appear that they needed to make room for any other feature on that screen and Ford has not provided any feedback as to why it was removed either. So all we can do is speculate and play the old guessing game.:dunno:

Peter

There is no valid reason to remove a functional and unobtrusive feature.

Unless you're trying to improve the (un)functionality and stability of MFT.

I wish MFT updates would actually update the cluster displays too. I never really used the feature to adjust climate settings in my '12 Ex but did think it was weird that it was removed in my '14.

What annoys me more is that the 'Entertainment' view in the cluster just shows "BlueTooth Audio Stream" when I stream BT audio instead of showing me what is actually playing like it does on the MFT screen. Really lazy programming/feature planning. :mad:

I wish MFT updates would actually update the cluster displays too. I never really used the feature to adjust climate settings in my '12 Ex but did think it was weird that it was removed in my '14.

What annoys me more is that the 'Entertainment' view in the cluster just shows "BlueTooth Audio Stream" when I stream BT audio instead of showing me what is actually playing like it does on the MFT screen. Really lazy programming/feature planning. :mad:

Im with you 100%

I thought in earlier MFT builds I saw a DIC GUI that showed the BT streaming song and how much had played with a "time played" line graph.

Any update on why it was removed?

Bothered me when I went from 12 Limited to 14 Sport.

I'm over it but I'm curious why useful feature was removed.

Hi CertPharmT15,

The climate control in the 4.2 inch cluster was removed in the late-build 2013s and the 2014 Explorers.

Rebecca

But why was it removed? It's not like it took up any needed space for another feature.

But why was it removed? It's not like it took up any needed space for another feature.

They're not going to tell you.

I believe that the suggestions are read and in some cases implemented. If not right away, then possibly when a redesign is in the works. I doubt that changes are made just for the sake of making changes. I for one, never used that climate function in the information display. I used the MFT screen or the touch buttons for any climate changes/adjustments or voice command.
Perhaps Ford considered it an unnecessary duplication.:dunno:

Peter

I believe that the suggestions are read and in some cases implemented. If not right away, then possibly when a redesign is in the works. I doubt that changes are made just for the sake of making changes. I for one, never used that climate function in the information display. I used the MFT screen or the touch buttons for any climate changes/adjustments or voice command.
Perhaps Ford considered it an unnecessary duplication.:dunno:

Peter

I use it daily.. Best feature on the right screen, and no benefit to its removal, they just took away a feature with no apparent reason

I use it daily.. Best feature on the right screen, and no benefit to its removal, they just took away a feature with no apparent reason
That's just speculation. No apparent reason that we are aware of would be more accurate. Being my Climate is set on AUTO, there is little reason for me to use/change settings no matter where they are located.

Peter

That's just speculation. No apparent reason that we are aware of would be more accurate. Being my Climate is set on AUTO, there is little reason for me to use settings no matter where they are located.

Peter

isn't that kind of the reason for the word "apparent" in my sentence? It was taken away for no APPARENT reason.. There may very well be a reason, but it isn't apparent to anyone. The space on the menu wasn't used for something else, nothing else there was changed as a result of the modification. It's now just a missing feature.

Perhaps Ford considered it an unnecessary duplication.

That's just speculation btw...

What was the purpose for your response to mine?

Being my Climate is set on AUTO, there is little reason for me to use/change settings no matter where they are located.

Peter

Because YOU leave your climate on AUTO doesn't mean that's effective for everyone. With the climate on auto the fans may blow much harder than a driver may want. This becomes especially true when on a hands free phone call. The fans make it hard for the person on the other end of the call to hear clearly, and it's very easy to turn the fans down while on the phone w/out taking your eyes off the road by using the gauge cluster. You can't very well use voice commands effectively while the phone is in use, and using the main screen/capacitive buttons requires taking your eyes off the road and looking down.

Not everything that works for you is a reasonable solution for everyone else. Especially when the functionality USED to be there, and there is no APPARENT reason for its removal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Speculate is all we can do since Ford has not said why it was removed. I can see if you used it that you would miss it. Since I never saw a use for it, I wouldn't even have known that it was gone except for this Forum. I have BTW, adjusted the temperature setting a few times now that we seem to be alternating between hot and cold weather lately but I simply used the voice command for that.

Peter

Back