dual in dual out mufflers? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dual in dual out mufflers?

is there a dual in dual out muffler that i can weld onto my truck?

i'm going to cut out my rear cats and redo my exhaust so that i can make it a bit louder and make room for my rollpan. right now i have a flowmaster 50 series suv with 3" single pipe.

i thought i read somewhere that someone made a dual 2.25 in muffler with dual 2.5 outs (which is what i want). ideally it would be a multiple chamber muffler that would equalize the flow between the two sides (like an x pipe).

then i am going to end the exhaust somewhere near the rear of the truck where its not visible unless i have the rear aired up.

please help me find what i need so i can order it on the net.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What size is the factory piping going into the stock muffler, anybody know?

What are the magnaflow inlets and outlets?

the factory is dual 2.25, the magnaflow is 2.5 dual in and out, the flowmaster is 2.25 dual in and out.

i walked into a local muffler shop this morning to see if they had some turn down tips (i was having trouble finding them cheaply on the net- the cheapest i could find were like $25) and to see if they would sell me some 2.5" pipe so i wouldn't have to get it shipped.

so as i was talking to the guy he told me he'd do what i wanted for 125! including the price of the muffler (for the magnaflow). since the cheapest place i could find the muffler had it for $88 and i couldn't find the tips for less than 25 each i was already at 138 right there doing it myself. so i will be having it done on friday at 10:00. don't you all wish you lived in small town minnesota?

I have a delta flow 50 series dual in/ dual out (2.25") for sale, it was used about 2 years...

anyone interested?

hey drew.. im assuming you went with the aluminized version? i love the way my mag sounds. yours should be a bit louder than mine even though i have 3.5 inch tips. ill try to get a clip of mine, but hopefully someone can host it for me. good luck with the install

thanks- yeah i went with the cheaper one. i don't think its anything to every worry about for me.

it sounds great. not too loud, but very deep. it sounds like a much bigger engine without droning or making any of the nasty too big of pipes on a 350 noises. i'll have a sound clip soon enough. i did take one of the 50 series and i'll take one with this when i get home from vacation in az.

Back