Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation

I am awaiting suggestions

Hello, I am awaiting suggestions to make my car run on HHO

I have Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation but on highway setting I'll drive at 13" to 15" of vacuum and runs okay. If I drive for 2 miles or so at 10" of vacuum car would stall. Switch it to stock runs fine. When switch back to Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation highway in the same 10" of vacuum and stalls again. I haven't installed my efie yet would this solve my issue?

waste of money

In my opinion adding a circuit to modify the MAF sensor output voltage to the PCM is a waste of money. When the PCM is in closed loop it controls the air/fuel ratio based on the output voltage of the O2 sensors. If a MAF sensor voltage modifier is used to decrease the MAF sensor output voltage to make the A/F ratio more lean then the PCM will adjust the mixture back to normal as long as it is within preset limits. If it encounters the limit then the lean condition DTC will be set. The only time there will be any fuel savings is when the PCM is in open loop or when the engine load (airflow) is changing.

In your case, when the engine is under enough load that your vacuum drops to 10 inches of mercury the mixture is too lean and your engine stalls. The EFIE modifies the O2 sensor output voltage to the PCM to allow an even leaner mixture. It will make your stalling problem worse.

Back