Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dual Mode MAF Enhancer Installation

i tried, the one on #4 is -.06 volts, the one on #5 is .85 ish volts, so i'm guessing use the #5 wire
1y20d1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you think you can go look at yours and tell me if our wires are the same, and if so which on you used, on the diagram above i cant tell if their saying the maf is #2 or #5? is that a diagram for an explorer?

Use the wire diagram and check with voltmeter. This isn't rocket science.

The color of the wires on mine are obliterated, sorry.

right buy you can check and see if its the 2nd wire in from the left side if connector is upright/connected to maf. i have checked the wire diagram and with voltmeter, and i cant figure it out thats why im on here asking. i would really appreciate if you would go look. im not trying to be lazy, the diagram and the MAF connector aren't the same. i just don't to mess it up, and brake something thanks

For those of you that want to, here is the schematic for the MAF enhancer that Al
uses.

Attachments

• Gas-Saving-Techniques_img_78.jpg
    Gas-Saving-Techniques_img_78.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11,546

well since aldive didn't help too much i ended up trying both "#4" and "#5" (at different times) #5 is the wire to use

aldive isn't here to babysit, but most times he's more then willing to help. and he all ready mentioned the post above.

"a lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine"

it's good to figure it out yourself

I was thinking about this today and had a few questions...

If your fooling the computer into thinking there is less air being metered, won't it lean out the mixture to much and cause damage after prolong time intervals?

Also, Al or anyone else running this item and have a wide band A/F meter, notice it running lean? I am just curios how the computer counter acts, I'm guessing the general idea is to fool the computer into thinking not as much air is being pulled in which in return cuts back the fuel. So you just find a sweet spot that is the right amount of fuel for air to HHO gas being burnt.

Sorry, noob here to HHO, but I have been following it since the start of the other thread.

Also, Al or anyone else running this item and have a wide band A/F meter, notice it running lean? I am just curios how the computer counter acts, I'm guessing the general idea is to fool the computer into thinking not as much air is being pulled in which in return cuts back the fuel. So you just find a sweet spot that is the right amount of fuel for air to HHO gas being burnt.

Sorry, noob here to HHO, but I have been following it since the start of the other thread.

from my understanding that is what you're trying to get it to do technically. you're putting through hydrogen and oxygen, the hydrogen is burning while the extra oxygen tells the o2 sensors not enough fuel is burning. so the computer puts in more fuel to makeup for this, well with the maf enhancer you're tricking the computer into putting either the original amount of gasoline or a little bit less i believe. so i guess technically, it's still a good mixture, you're just convincing the computer otherwise.
right? lol

aldive isn't here to babysit, but most times he's more then willing to help. and he all ready mentioned the post above.

"a lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine"

it's good to figure it out yourself

he wasn't babysitting, and key word you said "but most times", as i said before the post "above" didn't help. all i was saying he didn't help me much. i did do planning i just couldn't find the info i needed for it.. but allswell

MAF Enhancer on a first gen?

so im having trouble figuring out how to install this. I have built one and am hoping i can install it. However I have a 1992 explorer. do i need the MAF from a second gen or later? all i can turn up on the wiring is this:
0900c1528018edae.gif

MAF wiring is the same from 1990-1999 right?

please tell me i can. cuz im gonna feel dumb if i cannot install it on my truck...

Help?!?

EDIT: Ok i figured out how to install it. My final question would be about the actual build of the enhancer, why a 50 Ohm pot, I'm not too familiar with these concepts... sorry.

he wasn't babysitting, and key word you said "but most times", as i said before the post "above" didn't help. all i was saying he didn't help me much. i did do planning i just couldn't find the info i needed for it.. but allswell

What method did you use to get the wiring into the cabin area from the engine?

Thanks!

The MAF cable was NO.5 take, I can confirm if this cable.

Hi I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT, I have my HHO system installed, with all accessories:
Ammeter, PWM, Maf sensor exchage, others.
I have some doubt about the MAF cable because I do not have the results expected, and when I move the knob of the MAF, if it is approximately 15:00 in the hand of the clock, wanting to start off my car.

Hi I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT, I have my HHO system installed, with all accessories:
Ammeter, PWM, Maf sensor exchage, others.
I have some doubt about the MAF cable because I do not have the results expected, and when I move the knob of the MAF, if it is approximately 15:00 in the hand of the clock, wanting to start off my car.

Elmismo,

I have the same system in my 1997 Mercury Mountaineer... How many electrolyzers do you have installed? you should try turning the knob to 12:00... It will be more efficient... especially if you have less than 3 electrolyzers ...

do you have a 2 knob sensor or 1?

I am still fine tuning mine, but I will try to help you...

I currently have a generator HHO

I currently have a generator HHO, created on a PVC pipe 3 "tubing with 1 / 2 and 3 / 4, a total of 3 bristles (6 tubes of 10 inches), 304.
I have the MAF sensor Exchanger (City & Highway), this is connected to the MAF, the Number 5 and the knob rotates counterclockwise. Instead of being the 15:00, is 21:00.
I used KOH, 15 Amps, injected before the throttle, air tube.

Values that has my MAF is

Values that has my MAF is
4. (TN / LB) Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Signal Return.
5. (LB / RD) Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Signal Output.

I have a: Map / MAF Sensor Enhancer Dual Edge HHO Water 4 Gas Efie

Connected to cable No.5, section 5.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1 HHo Generador.

Thanks for answering.

I currently have HHO generator, I'm buying a Dry Cell, which according to the Ebay seller, produces 1 Liter / minute at 15 Amps.

Dry Cell is a 4 "x 4", 11 plates.

With the Hydrogen Generator to me at the moment I have not good results, and not where the problem lies.

I am making the mixture with KOH and distilled water, 10 ml x 1 / 4 gallon, controlled by the PWM

Back