• Register Today It's free!

dukes of hazzard pushbar

tigercat

Reaction score
City, State
Perry, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 sport
hi does anyone know where in can get a dukes of hazzard style front pushbar for a front mount reciever hitch?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Receiver hitches often have too much slack - so it will wiggle around while on the road.

i know but i want a real pushbar not one of those flimsy bumpermount ones

i know where to find those i need the kind that goes to the front hitch reciever

I'm not sure I've ever seen one that attaches through a front hitch.

i used to know a guy that wad one on the front of his repo truck but never asked him about it

I don't know where to get one that mounts to a front hitch. I think a hitch mounted one would be for looks mostly, I wouldn't trust one to stand up to much use.

Unless it is just for looks, you'd be better off getting one that attaches to the frame.

That's what I did, via brackets, and it has held up for years. Of course I don't do much with the bar but it does push open a cattle gate every once in a while. In my avatar you might be able to see it, it's a Dukes of Hazzard style guard. It's been so many years, I don't remember the brand, I think it may be a Westin that I ordered thru a local auto trim shop but without the side wings.

im looking to do the same thing to my x. i have 2 1" receivers on the front end of my x that are used for towing behind an RV... could something like this work? i dont really push too many solid objects, it would be mostly for show..

Seems like it would be pretty easy to make or have made. Make a template going from the frame (bolted in at least 2 spots) up and around your bumper to your desired height, have the steel cut, then cut some tube however wide you want it, weld and mount?

Seems like it would be pretty easy to make or have made. Make a template going from the frame (bolted in at least 2 spots) up and around your bumper to your desired height, have the steel cut, then cut some tube however wide you want it, weld and mount?

Serves 4 depending on proportions..

im looking to do the same thing to my x. i have 2 1" receivers on the front end of my x that are used for towing behind an RV... could something like this work? i dont really push too many solid objects, it would be mostly for show..
If it's tied to the frame to Tow the 'X' then there is no reason you can't make a Pushbar with Square stock to go into your receivers.
That would be ideal. no rocking on a single point. I made a trailer hitch for a Motorhome. It had three receivers. The large Cage had three points as well. Slide all three into the three receivers and we put Genetartors, and mini bikes on it. This setup is the envy of the campgrounds.

thats cool. i want to get a pattern and make it or modify an existing one. the distance is about 24" from one receiver to the next. they are both 1.5" receivers (i checked today) and are bolted directly to the frame. does anyone have any clue how wide standard push bars are for the x's? i saw a few for dodges, but they are like 40" wide (the posts are 40" apart). i assume the ones for the x are not as wide.. does anyone have a general measurement..

Back