• Register Today It's free!

E(parking)-brake

theluke19

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac
I cannot, for the life of me, find out how to adjust my parking brake. My insection is expired, and in order to pass, they told me i need to tighten my parking brake. Right now, it BARELY grabs, not enough to hold it still in Drive. I've searched this site, and google, yet still havent found a good tutorial. I have heard this is an easy fix, so I would much rather do it myself than to pay a shop 20 bucks for 5 minutes of labor. If anyone could provide me with instructions/pictures on how to do this is would be greatly appreciated. Do I have to remove my rotor or can it be done another way?

Thanks, Kona.

I just tightened the star nut, and had a littlle trouble getting the rotor back on, so i loosened it about half of what i had already done, and it slid right on. It works now, so i guess I should get it inspected tommorow :-D

theluke19 said:
Thanks, Kona.

I just tightened the star nut, and had a littlle trouble getting the rotor back on, so i loosened it about half of what i had already done, and it slid right on. It works now, so i guess I should get it inspected tommorow :-D
You do not need to remove the rotor to adjust the ebrake, as long as it works, it works, good luck

Back