Early bronco lift on first gen explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Early bronco lift on first gen explorer?

Maybe start a new thread describing what your end goal is for your rig (type of wheeling, tire size, desired lift ammount...). Then explore the various avenues on how you can get there. Work the equasion from the other direction. Starting with the springs is backwards in my mind. Springs are the last part of the equasion.

What a few of the other people here are getting at is that with a twin traction beam front suspension as you lift it more than a couple inches the pivoting end of the axles need to be dropped and if you intend to keep road manners good you will also need some sort of change to the radius arms to keep the caster in the correct range. If your end goal is to run 35" tires, I'd dump the TTB and go SAS, though many others on here have had sucess running TTB with 35's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

. If your end goal is to run 35" tires, I'd dump the TTB and go SAS, though many others on here have had sucess running TTB with 35's
I'll be doing a cut & turn and extended radius arms as soon as the weather gets good. My springs haven't settled after 8,000 miles and caster is way off.
My camber is a little off too even with adjustable bushings.

It's wearing on a brand new set of tires.
If I wanted a straight axle I'd just get an F150. To me the TTB is a thing of beauty. Unique.

Probably the best riding/driving 4x4 I have owned was my 1985 Bronco with TTB, I understand.

Спейсеры работают нормально. У меня есть кое-что в ящике для мусора, который я вынул из подвески TTB. Лучше всего приобрести комплект прокладок для катушек F150. Если я правильно помню, они около 1,5 дюйма в высоту. Они заменяют нижнее крепление катушки.
Приветствую! Возможно у вас есть в ящике для мусора механические хабы на Ford explorer 1994 г.?

Really none of that is worth getting. You can pull off a 2" lift with springs and shackles, but anything bigger than that will require either drop down brackets or cut/turned beams, and extended radius arms, or some sort of radius arm drop down.

Back