EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Look like the PNW crew will be arriving around the 15th until the 23rd and will be staying at Canyonlands

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a list of people going to moab with a list of what trails people plan to run which days and when people will be arriving and leaving? Also where is everyone staying? .

Most stay at Canyonlands RV park which is right across the street from Moab Brewery and a block from the City Market meeting spot. A few camp at KOA.

The days runs can be decided in the City Market parking lot.

I'm going to call for reservations for a Saturday night dinner at the Branding Iron.

This may be a dumb question, but how late can I wait to reserve? And what spot would I need for a truck/camper with car trailer? Or do they make you park the trailer in overflow for the stay?

This may be a dumb question, but how late can I wait to reserve? And what spot would I need for a truck/camper with car trailer? Or do they make you park the trailer in overflow for the stay?

I would try to reserve ASAP. Yesterday I reserved a motorhome spot,later my friend tried to reserve a spot for a truck camper and he is going to have to call to see if he can get in.

Make reservations ASAP it's not that big of a park. I ask for one of their full hookup pull through sites. If they have the space they let you keep your trailer attached. Otherwise they have an overflow lot.

The spots are wide enough for a camper and trailer along side.

I don't know about that... It's barely wide enough for the Explorer next to the camper. I've never seen anyone park their trailer beside their camper there.

Make reservations ASAP it's not that big of a park. I ask for one of their full hookup pull through sites. If they have the space they let you keep your trailer attached. Otherwise they have an overflow lot.

Ok! No turning back now! Booked 19th-23rd. I guess I should find myself a camper soon now:eek:

Ok! No turning back now! Booked 19th-23rd. I guess I should find myself a camper soon now:eek:

That will be great to see your jurassic park truck in person!! It's like famous and stuff ;)

Update on our end...our Moab Mystery rig fired up tonight for the first time!

See, it is running as of 9:30 pm last night!!!

12573738_10101671816398771_6881634448880449501_n.jpg

LMAO!! The suspense is killing me :D

I'll have some lovely pictures of the recent surgery event. I now have a no-tolorance policy regarding stubborn bolts. If it resists me, it will be cut.

Also, did anyone thing to look at the Overland Expo? I is in Flagstaff the 20th-22nd. Really makes me torn.

Will post more info as the days grow nearer. Looking forward to the mystery rig =)

Also, did anyone thing to look at the Overland Expo? I is in Flagstaff the 20th-22nd. Really makes me torn.

No contest. . . Moab. Been to the Expo in '14 - - not a bad event, but in my opinion a lot of overpriced stuff available for purchase by people with too much discretionary income, whose highly farkled and over-equipped rigs and trailers rarely leave asphalt. . .

Not saying they don't have nice stuff, and run some pretty decent classes, but for me, an easy decision. Ted (Tbars) and Brian (Brian1) have been to at least two, and might provide better insight.

YMMV, but you'll have more fun in Moab.

Paul
'91 Sport

Expo = walking around and looking at what can be done offroad when you win the lottery.

Moab = fourwheeling

Expo = walking around and looking at what can be done offroad when you win the lottery.

Moab = fourwheeling

Probably the best decription of anything ever conceived in all of mankind right there

Don't know if I will have anything trail ready by then. I may just head down to meet the masses. Anyone have a spare seat for two. to attend a run.

Tim

Don't know if I will have anything trail ready by then. I may just head down to meet the masses. Anyone have a spare seat for two. to attend a run.

Tim

We'll have the back seats open...long as you don't mind riding with the dog! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unfortunately I have to now officially pull out of the 20th Anniversary Moab run, as well as all for this year. :(

For those who don't know, I have been unemployed since August when the company I had worked for went bankrupt. I have a strong lead on a job going back to working on copiers, but it does not start until April 1st. The telephone interview went extremely well, I was informed I am the only applicant who actually has experience servicing copiers. The service manager I spoke to was impressed, but of course no promises made.
The unemployment benefits run out mid-February, so I will be at around 6-7 weeks without any income if I can't get something like warehouse work. What I have set back must be used for living expenses, which comes before relaxation.

Moab will be there in 2017 and beyond. This will open up two campsites at Canyonlands campgrounds.

Til next time, :chug:

Back