Electrical Problem--Intermitent Shorting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Problem--Intermitent Shorting

Jake1

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mountaineer, AWD V6
Help! I've had several shorting problems that come and go over the last several years. First, the left front speaker in the door would not work...but when I would turn some A/C controls or the fan...OR open or close some windows ...the speaker would come back on. Then...the A/C stopped working on the normal mode and the A/C mode...and now just works on Max A/C. Also...the O/D lights and some 4WD lights would occasionally blink on the dash. And now, sometimes the 4WD will kick in sometimes and when turning real tight--like in a parking lot--and when it does, the front would make a bunch of noise and feel like it was crunching or binding when turning tight.

Any ideas?

same problem!!!! any solutions

Help! I've had several shorting problems that come and go over the last several years. First, the left front speaker in the door would not work...but when I would turn some A/C controls or the fan...OR open or close some windows ...the speaker would come back on. Then...the A/C stopped working on the normal mode and the A/C mode...and now just works on Max A/C. Also...the O/D lights and some 4WD lights would occasionally blink on the dash. And now, sometimes the 4WD will kick in sometimes and when turning real tight--like in a parking lot--and when it does, the front would make a bunch of noise and feel like it was crunching or binding when turning tight.

Any ideas?

Back