EMERGENCY power window help needed!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EMERGENCY power window help needed!!

kimm2381

Reaction score
City, State
Tulalip, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
I blew the engine in one of my explorers (99xlt) about 6 months ago, jacked it up, stripped the engine out, yadda yadda... with the drivers window down. It is now pouring rain, haven't finished engine because I had another one to drive so it dropped low on priority list, and even though the window was covered (in all honesty I did a piss-pour job of covering it) the drivers side is now covered from windshield to back of the seat and door to center console in nasty mold. I tried hooking a battery up and turning the ignition to "on" to try and roll it up, and either the batter was completely dead... or it just won't work that way.
Can anybody tell me if there is a way to get that window up so I can clean it out/keep it dry until the engine is back together? I need to start driving it again ASAP (engine in my 98 seized and broke a rod :( since this one is already apart and has all the parts ready to go it's the one getting fixed first) any suggestions that will not fry my electrical would be greatly, and urgently appreciated!!

I would say your battery was probably dead. Just jump it with a better battery long enough to roll up the window...ps vinegar kills most mold.

Thank you, that was going to be the next thing I tried... I just didn't want to fry anything or ruin anything else doing it... Hopefully the engine will be in by the end of this weekend and I can have my nicer car back! (after a thorough cleaning of course) I use lysol for mold, it smells prettier ;)

Back