• Register Today It's free!

Engine Restorer?

TekMan05

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 V8
Anyone tried this stuff. I tried once but was hard to tell if it had an affect. But now I'm about to do an oil change (Royal Purple) with the K&N oil filter and was thinking about buying some to add on top of it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would just stick with a good quality oil and call it a day

after running RP with a K&N oil filter for 6500 km (4039 miles), i'm not too impressed with it. My truck did have 269,798 km (167,645) when the sample was taken, and to my best knowledge, first time run on synthetic.

the tbn was low, and i don't think RP 5w30 is good for extended use. I am running RP for this oil change, and will be sampling it at the same time as the last one. If the results don't improve, i'm switching to AMSoil.

oilanylisyshh4.jpg

That post should be in the UOA repository thread.

aldive, i did a search and could not find the UOA thread. could you point me in the right direction?

Yeah-I'd just use good oil.

Besides-your engine is in great shape.

How have you been doing?

Well I'd try amzoil if it was sold in stores. But Royal Purple has done great for me. Been officially using it for one year. But yeah Sorry I been really busy haven't had alot of time for the forum. I'm doing good, The Beast is also doing very well. In fact since the Headers my truck hasn't been peppier. The good thing is when I get my next check from my new job (2 weeks) I SHOULD have enough to finally buy the tuner. So I guess its time to go ahead and start talking to James then. I'm ready to have my baby finely tuned to the headers.

Back