Engine Tuning: 4L V6 SOHC

Orionheizer

Reaction score
City, State
Saxonia-Germany
Year, Model & Trim Level
4.0L V6 SOHC
Hi, folks!

First i have to excuse me for my poor english, but I hope you understand it. :rolleyes:

I want to use a 4L SOHC engine in small european car. But I need more Power. Can someone help me?! The Engine is brand new and I want to use as much as possible from the original parts.
How much rpm can I go with original parts? Where can I order better camshafts? Or is it better to use it charged? I would prefer a non-charged engine with selfmade injektion and exhaust like this ...
brl-v6.jpg

But I have no idea which parts are used inside the engine?!

Can somebody help? I´m grateful for every hint oder address. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are those custom velocity stacks and it can rev to about 6500 after then damage starts

The best person to find info a fords 4.0L is Doug over on RangerPowerSports.com. He's done a lot to this sohc 4.0L, everything from super charging to a N/A setup.

torment1979 said:
The best person to find info a fords 4.0L is Doug over on RangerPowerSports.com. He's done a lot to this sohc 4.0L, everything from super charging to a N/A setup.

Doug is a sponsor on this site. He can be reached at http://www.bamachips.com/

Wow! Now that's a 4.0. There's not any aftermarket stuff that is yet available for the SOHC but I have done a few low compression ported and polished 4.0's with great results. Now since your oversea's I don't know what is available for you. The 4.0 is actually a German based engine, they refer to it as the colonge engine because of it's manufactoring home.

I can tell you know that the weak spot on these engine's is in the timing chains. They are good for upto about 7,000 rpm's and then they are toast. Of course you would have to really have new set of cams designed anyway to do anything with the power that high, even on my supercharged versions they top out at around 6200-6400 rpm's. The heads need exhaust work badly under the valve too.

For cams you can contact www.CompCams.com or email Dmiles@compcams.com. That is Dennis Miles, my main contact there. If you can call 1-800365-9145 and ask for Dennis. They don't have anything especially for a SOHC yet but they can do regrinds.

If you'll contact this company, www.SuperSixMotorsports.com they have been working with me for a few years on developing some SOHC 4.0 aftermarket parts. Tom Yentzer can give you a better idea on what he can do for you.

Thanks, Doug.

Wimmern! Jetzt that's 4.0. There's kein Werkzeugmarktmaterial, das ist, dennoch vorhanden für das SOHC aber ich habe einige niedrige Kompression getragenes und poliertes 4.0's mit großen Resultaten getan. Jetzt seit Ihrem oversea's wissen I don't, was für Sie vorhanden ist. Die 4.0 ist wirklich eine deutsche gegründete Maschine, sie sich beziehen auf sie als die colonge Maschine wegen it's des manufactoring Hauses.

Ich kann Ihnen erklären, daß wissen Sie, daß der schwache Punkt auf diesen engine's in den TIMING-Ketten ist. Sie sind für bis zu ungefähr 7.000 rpm's gut und dann sind sie Toast. Selbstverständlich würden Sie wirklich neuen Satz Nocken haben müssen, die irgendwie entworfen waren, um alles mit der Energie zu tun, die hoch, gleichmäßig auf meinen überkomprimierten Versionen sie heraus um ungefähr 6200-6400 rpm's übersteigen. Die Köpfe benötigen Absaugventilatorarbeit schlecht unter dem Ventil auch.

Für Nocken können Sie www.CompCams.com oder mit email Dmiles@compcams.com in Verbindung treten. Die ist Dennis Meilen, mein Hauptkontakt dort. Wenn Sie 1-800365-9145 benennen und um Dennis bitten können. Sie don't haben alles besonders für ein SOHC, dennoch aber sie können tun nachschleifen.

Wenn you'll Kontakt diese Firma, www.SuperSixMotorsports.com, das sie mit mir für einige Jahre auf sich entwickelnden irgendein SOHC 4.0 Werkzeugmarktteilen bearbeitet haben. Tom Yentzer kann geben Ihnen eine bessere Idee auf, was er für Sie tun kann.

Dank, Doug.

Back