Ever seen one of these driving?

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know Ive seen so many of those pieces of expensive horse crap that they arent even cool any more.

i disagree. i think its cool looking. i havent seen one on the road yet i want one!

I see those all over the place around here. I think they are okay. But...something you may not know, they actually make that in a 2 door model sort of like a Jeep Wrangler. I saw one on the interstate the other day and just stared at it because I couldn't believe that Mercedes would make a Jeep-type vehicle. Here is a pic I found...

006.jpg

IMO it's much better than the Mclass. It is a true offroader with 3 locking diffs :bounce:

Originally posted by FourXFred
i disagree. i think its cool looking. i havent seen one on the road yet i want one!

I'm with you on this one. Mercedes has built a few badass 4x4's over the years; they just don’t make it to the states. The G-wagon has some cool features in it, I like the fact it has front, rear, and center lockers on it. I have seen a few vids on it, you'll be suprised what that country club cruiser can do on the trail.

Dont get me wrong, they are a good vehicle and a great off-roader that can probably whoop anything out there. But after you see so many of these suppossedly limited vehicles you tend to not even look at them anymore.

see em now and again down here in west palm, pretty cool i think

They're all over the place around here too. The 2 door model isnt actually sold here by Mercedes, its imported by a company called "Europa International". In Germany these are army vehicles like our Willys Jeeps and Hummers, and they also sell a pickup truck like vehicle but I forget the name.

I've driven one, and they're actually fairly nice on the inside, but they ride like Jeep Wranglers, for $80 grand (or more)...

It's strange they're not up here much, I still haven't seen one other then that. I also saw a Viper but everybody sees those driving. People probably drive them when it's a nice day, that's why I never see them I guess...

There are a bunch of them running around El Paso. I think they are great. My dad's thinking about getting one. One thing you have to rmrmber, is that it hasn't changed that much in it's thirty years.

They revamped the whole interior though before they decided to actually sell them in the states, its closer to the current design of the new S Class now. For years they were imported by Europa International and not fully endorsed by MBNA.

I'll see if I can find some pictures.

i valet park on the weekends for extra cash....i have driven the G-55-AMG and the G-500....the truck is amazing in and out...i also drove two hummers and wasn't very inpressed...the shifter is nice....the spare tire is in the cargo area....and there is no room in the back seat..

I love them, it's cool you driven them. Nothing special about Hummers though, the old ones have some ruggedness though. If I had $75k left after buying tons of sports cars, I'd probably buy the G-Wagon. It's like a Jeep, but better ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see them all the time. If you're ever in Atlanta, just go to Buckhead on a Friday night, and you'll see any expensive SUV you've ever wanted to. Everyone's out bling-blingin' in their G500s, H2s, Hummers, Escalades, EXTs, Navigators, Excursions, Expeditions, Cayennes, Ranges.

You name it, it's out there. And it's rollin on dubs :eek:

Back