ever so lite front end contact...adaptive cruise no longer works... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ever so lite front end contact...adaptive cruise no longer works...

Ridetherock

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport.
So i made very minor contact with a foot tall concrete parking lot barrier, with the front of my 2014 sport. there is no physical damage to the front of the car, just had to clip the grill over the intercooler back in place (may have pushed the lower black plastic in a inch or so in the process). however, now my adaptive cruise does not work. it is not giving me any errors, its just functioning like normal cruse.

i figure I've cracked or broken something inside, and would like to take the bumper cover off for a look. it must be a very exposed component to take damage so easily.

any thoughts from anyone who has damaged it before or removed the bumper? I'm hoping its salvageable as I'm not going to spend a grand or what ever it would cost to get it fixed at this point in time, and i can't leave the car at a dealer for a week or two either.

You may have caused the bumper mounted radar sensors' connector to come loose or was damaged some way..

Or it is out of alignment now....

Back