• Register Today It's free!

exhaust and intake suggestions

dannyb420

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
The first mods I want to make are to my exhaust and intake. I do not have the biggest budget but I have noticed a few things I have the K&N intake right now, is there a better one on the market? The exhaust I like is the one on explorer express, the single, cat-back system. Does anyone have experience with this one? I like the single exhaust pipe look, what are your suggestions?

Thanks

I suggest selecting the muffler you want and then have your local exhaust shop custom make a cat back system for you.

Good luck .........

What Aldive said re: mufflers. Don't get hung up on a cat-back "kit". Find a muffler that will meet your budget and performance/sound expecations, then find a good shop to put the muffler in with pipes of your choosing. You'll probably spend a lot less than getting a kit. Do research on shops in your area. Not all are created equal. I've found two great shops in town. Word of mouth and internet discussion forums are good sources. Note: "Midas" doesn't qualify as a good shop.

K&N intakes are pricey. Wouldn't necessarily call them the best. When it all comes down to it, they all work the same. I use a Volant setup which is more expensive than K&N. Better? No. But I like it, especially with the enclosed setup, but it probably performs the same as K&N, Mac, KKM etc.

Back