• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust leak

Minivek

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Limited Ex silver
Merry christmas everyone, hope everyone's having a good time and relaxing!!

I have a couple of exhaust leaks on my 94 2dr, the donut gasket between the cat and the muffler is 3/4 gone, I'Ve got at least one maybe two in the engine compartement (seem to really come from the driver's side) I was wondering if theses can go unnatended for a while, or do exhaust leaks have more repercussions than just that ticking noise ?? basically could it affect back pressure and what not or is it just sound pollution and that's it..

Thanks a lot!!!<

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Exhaust leaks can put carbon monoxide inside the truck. The leaks are only going to get worse, so I suggest you get it taken care of.

Other than pollutants and CO in the vehicle, do exhaust leaks cause any problemes performancewise?

Thanks!

anyone?

help :p:

Other than pollutants and CO in the vehicle, do exhaust leaks cause any problemes performancewise?

Thanks!

I would think that it helps the flow, just let it go and enjoy the sound.

Pull the exhaust out and run flexpipe to the back. about 40 dollars complete. I have even considered pulling the cat and pipe it straight to the headers. Not sure yet though.

keep in mind though that if you do pull the exhaust from cat back. You WILL set of car alarms. that should give you an Idea of the noise level with out muffler. I myself like the exhaust note that the truck has now. Not sure at any performance gains or losses with the flex pipe as it seems the same as before. Just a lot louder.

Thanks!

Yes, exhaust leaks can cause problems performance wise. It depends on where they are and if they are affecting the O2 sensor readings.

Cool, thanx a lo guys, hadn't seen all the replies here, and you've been real helpfull. In fact, I've got a leak tight at the engine block, o where the Y pipe connects, and I've come to notice that it has no low end torque whatsoever... Gonne check it out this weekend.

anyone have gasket part numbers for the exhaust?

THanx a lot :salute:

I got my exhaust leak fixed at a local exhaust shop. It was the flange holding the pipe from the cat to the pipe to the muffler. He didnt even use a new flange, just got a small piece of pipe and welded it. Cost me $10. If you have a small local garage, they can probably hook you up for cheap.

Back