Exhaust Manifolds Back | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Manifolds Back

Johne1000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer
So i have a 2001 EB with the 4.0Litre, i need to replace the full exhaust system. Has anyone ever done a full manifold back exhaust job?
I live in ontario canada so lucky for me my truck has been exposed to several crappy salt ridden winter roads.

If anyone has any tips, a full walk through or should i just set the thing on fire.

About the truck, i runs great, it has under 235,000 kilometer on it
Everything works

Also any advise on parts and which brands to use. etc etc

Thanks in advance any advice will be greatly appreciated
Before i buy any parts i wanna be sure i can get the manifolds off, so any advice is going to be useful to me

John

Have a little patience. I doubt there are more than a handful of members on here who have tackled this nasty job on their own. Meanwhile, do some research on various manufacturers' parts needed to tackle this job. Not sure why you need to remove the exhaust manifolds as the exhaust system bolts to the flanges.

I know stainless cat-back systems are out there. I've got a Gibson on my Ranger and it fit great and it's been on the there about 7 years now. I don't know what options are out there for the cat pipes. I would guess a goodstock replacement would probably last the rest of the life of the truck. Do your manifolds really need replacing too?

I would think the only thing you'd have to be careful getting apart would be the nuts/bolts holding the cat pipe onto the exhaust manifold. The rest can just be cut off.

Back