• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust System??

Flingueur

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
I have a 2005 Explorer Xls/XLT with advance trac, 4.0l v6. Anyone recommend a good exhaust system that will make it sound like a beast?? most likely throwing a K&N cold air intake in aswell

Any tips would be help full!

EDIT
Check my update video to hear the muffler on the second post on http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3111998#post3111998

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had a Gibson cat-back on my Sport Trac since it was practically new. Makes a V6 sound as good as it ever will. Healthy rumble. Slam dunk to install, the only extra thing I needed was shorter bolts for the flange at the cat. You will need to cut the OE exhaust in front of the rear axle to get it out. Picked up 3 mpg on the highway if I keep it under 70, city mpg is no different than before.

You got a link to it??

Magnaflow.

I know the name brands looking for specific ones that people have used and recommend.

They only make one system for the Explorer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZybMx7gr8Q this is my v6 with a super 10 series muffler from flow master just took it to my local exhaust shop and had them cut out the stock muffler and weld in that one. cost 100 at the shop and the muffler was like 50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZybMx7gr8Q this is my v6 with a super 10 series muffler from flow master just took it to my local exhaust shop and had them cut out the stock muffler and weld in that one. cost 100 at the shop and the muffler was like 50

Holy hell that sounds gnarly lol, Dam I may look into that. A good buddy of mine has a shop at his house that he uses for his race cars so I'm sure he has a welder their. Thanks for that! You just saved me $320 to $50-$100 total!

Any recommendation on a different tip though?? i heard the 2.5" were used a lot. I'm not to smart on exhausts and engine I personally am a techy with wiring and interior work lol

EDIT
I wan't something shiny for when i put on my body kit i want it to look nice

Did you order the Centered or the offset for the inlet/outlet??

Holy hell that sounds gnarly lol, Dam I may look into that. A good buddy of mine has a shop at his house that he uses for his race cars so I'm sure he has a welder their. Thanks for that! You just saved me $320 to $50-$100 total!

Any recommendation on a different tip though?? i heard the 2.5" were used a lot. I'm not to smart on exhausts and engine I personally am a techy with wiring and interior work lol

EDIT
I wan't something shiny for when i put on my body kit i want it to look nice

I will +1 for the super 10 series :) major beast. I have had this series on my F150, K5, and now the Ex. Will never go to a different exhaust (besides sticking with stock). Any tip will work, that is if they match the outlet pipe size :) I didn't put a tip on mine, didn't feel like spending money on flashiness :)

Also the price is right...mine was $50 for the muffler..i had a shop install it as i don't have a welder nor anyone local that i know...so it cost me $150ish total. Also mine was centered inlet/outlet

Thanks for all the help guys! I ordered mine yesterday!!!! Super 10 series should ship today! Luckily Ex girlfriends Dad has a shop at his house right down the road so hopefully he will let me pay him like $25-50 to put it on!

Congrats sir! you will not be disappointed :)

Already here!!!!

n2mplg.jpg

Does anyone know what the stock piping size is that goes to the stock muffler inlet? Looking to buy a single in/dual out for a dual tip setup

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know what the stock piping size is that goes to the stock muffler inlet? Looking to buy a single in/dual out for a dual tip setup

I did some checking around for you...i am showing 2.25 is the stock piping size...though i could be wrong, but everyone that spoke about stock piping put 2.25 :) Hope this helps...you can have a larger outlet...i run 2.5in flowmaster and this is the max anyone should go with a V6...per what i read and what the muffler shop advised.

Back