Expected Delivery Date | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Expected Delivery Date

Delivery is usually about 2 weeks after your build date. However, there was recently a quality hold (I am hearing from my dealer for issues with the Sync), which backed up delivery 1 week to 10 days.

Mine was ordered on 1/17. My build date was 2/15 and expected delivery date was 3/1. After the QC hold my delivery was pushed 1 week. Now scheduled for delivery this Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2011 XLT was ordered January 11, 2011. I used Fords customer service to find out hat it does not even have a build date until March 21.
I think something must be wrong at Ford. This is my third Explorer and I am anxious, but still have no idea when it will arrive.

Does anyone know how long from build date to delivery?
see my post of 03-04-2011 near the beginning of this thread.
Welcome aboard! :wavey:

Crazy

Hi all, I was hoping to get a response from one of the Ford service reps. I have been shopping for trucks for the past 2 months and when I originally went to one of the Ford dealers he told me 6-8 weeks. So I used that timeline to plan my shopping, and now I was told by a dealer in NY that it will probably take 3 months. That seems excessive to me and it will force me to go buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee which the dealer seems to keep in inventory. I have 9 weeks before my lease is up. Is there any reason for hope in getting a Ford Explorer XLT before June?

I think they're starting to push them out a little quicker now. I think that NY dealer just wants to give himself some room to cover himself just in case. I ordered mine Dec. 20, right before or during the 3 week holiday shutdown and mine was built Feb.22 and delivered Mar. 3.

Hi all, I was hoping to get a response from one of the Ford service reps. I have been shopping for trucks for the past 2 months and when I originally went to one of the Ford dealers he told me 6-8 weeks. So I used that timeline to plan my shopping, and now I was told by a dealer in NY that it will probably take 3 months. That seems excessive to me and it will force me to go buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee which the dealer seems to keep in inventory. I have 9 weeks before my lease is up. Is there any reason for hope in getting a Ford Explorer XLT before June?

Most leases can be extended on a month to month basis in the same way that they can be terminated early.

You could also look at what the trade in value is vs. buy out price. I actually came out ahead "buying and trading in" at the end of my lease.

I think they're starting to push them out a little quicker now. I think that NY dealer just wants to give himself some room to cover himself just in case. I ordered mine Dec. 20, right before or during the 3 week holiday shutdown and mine was built Feb.22 and delivered Mar. 3.
Same here. Ordered Dec. 20th, came off the assembly line Feb. 24th and I'm expecting delivery today, March 7th. It seems to me that there was another post with an anticipated 3 month wait. I suspect from what I've read, that more orders are coming in than Ford expected.

I have sent a PM to Seni and Cory last week,but have not heard back yet from them in regards to the status of my order .Three weeks now in the system and still no VIN ,just clean un scheduled . I hope to see my new EX in April ,but have a feeling it will be Early to Mid May as the sales manager told me initially.And I deal with the Largest dealer in the GTA.

I live in PA and ordered my explorer on Feb. 11, was told to expect 12 weeks for it to come in, anxiously waiting and haven't heard a word!!

I'm in the same situation, hopefully it's coming soon on the same truck since I'm in Ottawa too.
As of 6pm yesterday, mine was on a CN rail car still in Markham IL. That is the last update my salesman had. I have the rail car # but I don't think there is any way to track it unless you are a CN Customer.

Still Nothing...

Good Luck to you all! I ordered mine in August 2010 and was told I would receive it by 2/6 and still NOTHING! I do have a VIN# and I have seen a Window Sticker; however, but no one can seem to give me any answers on why its NOT leaving the plant...

Good Luck to you all! I ordered mine in August 2010 and was told I would receive it by 2/6 and still NOTHING! I do have a VIN# and I have seen a Window Sticker; however, but no one can seem to give me any answers on why its NOT leaving the plant...

Mine was built 10 days ago.. Supposed to be delivered today.

Hasnt left the plant.

Most leases can be extended on a month to month basis in the same way that they can be terminated early.

You could also look at what the trade in value is vs. buy out price. I actually came out ahead "buying and trading in" at the end of my lease.

In California I haven't seen a lease that could either be ended early, or extended. Our options are always "Buy it Out" or "Turn it in" .. you can of course trade it in on a new car which is the equivalent of "Buying it out, and trading it in"

Where are you that they allow you to terminate it early and/or extend it?

Today I got an ETA from Seni of 3-28 for my 3-14 build date . I know a lot of us have 3-14 build dates. Hopefully the quality holds are over and the railroad and trucks are humming to speed our deliveries. I just sat in a new XLT at the local car show yesterday and soaked it all in. Can't wait for my own EX!

I ordered my 2011 limited tri coat end of january. It was built on 2/22 but no one can tell me where my car is or when its being shipped.. This really sucks lol

I ordered my 2011 limited tri coat end of january. It was built on 2/22 but no one can tell me where my car is or when its being shipped.. This really sucks lol

Seni or Cori can't find is for you? Have you PM them at Ford Customer Service?

:wavey: Welcome to the Forum. I don't understand why your salesman can't tell you the status of the Explorer. Mine had all the info right up to the point where he could give me the rail car number on which the vehicle was sitting last night.

I have have been bothering my salesman for a month.. She hadn't had any answers ive been creeping the forums learning everything that's going on. Yes I pm seni last week when I finally got the vin no response. Its just starting to suck because without knowing when its coming I need to pay my lease payment on the mariner I'm trading in

Where are you that they allow you to terminate it early and/or extend it?

Minnesota. I've seen it happen in at least two other midwest states.

I have have been bothering my salesman for a month.. She hadn't had any answers ive been creeping the forums learning everything that's going on. Yes I pm seni last week when I finally got the vin no response. Its just starting to suck because without knowing when its coming I need to pay my lease payment on the mariner I'm trading in
Not sure what answer she is waiting for. She should be able to log into the Ford database that shows the status of all vehicles that her dealership has on order. If mine doesn't show up in the next day and a half I'm going to have to make another lease payment as well. But, I will be able to work that into the deal that I have with the person taking over the lease. He's off to Florida on Friday for March break.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure what answer she is waiting for. She should be able to log into the Ford database that shows the status of all vehicles that her dealership has on order. QUOTE]

I am still getting the same thing from Cory and my dealer.
Neither can actually tell me where it is just that it is in transit. This has me worried as some are saying theirs left the plant but are sitting at the rail yard. I would think if you can find out the rail car and where it is for yours they should be able to do the same for me Peter......................a little dissapointing.

"Hi Don,

I apologize for being unclear. I meant that it is “In Transit” and on track to making it’s way to your dealer. Just because my system doesn’t give me an ETA to the dealer doesn’t mean it’s not moving and on it’s way to you."

Back