Explore Spindles On Ebay Fit Sport Trac? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explore Spindles On Ebay Fit Sport Trac?

XVX_MARK_XVX

Reaction score
City, State
Mission, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac XLT
Hello everyone, i had a question maybe one or two of you out there can help me in my quest on a lift =) I saw some spindle lifts for a explorer 2wd on ebay. I have been wanting a spindle lift for a long time now. I have a 03 sport trac 2wd. Now my question was does anyone know if the spindle is the same for the explorer and explorer sport trac? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to go about finding out if there the same b4 i actually buy them?
Thanks
mark C

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A 95-01 Explorer spindle should fit an 01-05 sport trac.

Welcome Mark, and the technical answer is no, it is not a direct fit.

What you are thinking of will work, but the missing information is that you have different rotors to match the spindles. You can use spindles made for direct swap of a 95-01 Explorer, but you will have to use the 95-01 rotors also.

The mounting points for the calipers are located exactly 1/2" farther out on 01+ Sports and Sport Tracs, thus you have 12" rotors instead of 11" rotors.

I have those Sport Trac rotors on my 99 Explorer, they let me run the larger rotors. If you buy new 11" rotors to go with those lift spindles, you will be okay. I like the calipers better from the older 95-01 Explorers, they have better steel pistons in them. I bought the calipers also, but didn't use them for that reason. Good luck,

A 95-01 Explorer spindle should fit an 01-05 sport trac.

Welcome Mark, and the technical answer is no, it is not a direct fit.

What you are thinking of will work, but the missing information is that you have different rotors to match the spindles. You can use spindles made for direct swap of a 95-01 Explorer, but you will have to use the 95-01 rotors also.

The mounting points for the calipers are located exactly 1/2" farther out on 01+ Sports and Sport Tracs, thus you have 12" rotors instead of 11" rotors.

I have those Sport Trac rotors on my 99 Explorer, they let me run the larger rotors. If you buy new 11" rotors to go with those lift spindles, you will be okay. I like the calipers better from the older 95-01 Explorers, they have better steel pistons in them. I bought the calipers also, but didn't use them for that reason. Good luck,

Thanks alot for all the info guys, the spindle that i am looking at says it can fit 99-03, you think that sounds fishy? or that would be correct, given that you still just need to change the rotors? or should i just stick to the ranger spindle lift? i hear that ranger spindle lifts will also work but i am just unsure of exactly what to look for when it comes down to year/model, like ranger edge ranger xlt ect.

I am not familiar with the Ranger suspension at all, I have read of many similarities on these forums. That reference you mention saying "...it can fit 99-03..." that is not accurate, and common for parts suppliers to be wrong. The 95 Spindle is identical to a 99 spindle, thus you have to be careful when you see applications cross know parts change dates(2001 models).

The Explorer spindle is identical between a 95 and 00 model, in 2001 the Sport and Sport Trac received a larger rotor, and the caliper mounting holes moved out. Other than that you can swap any 01+ Sport or Sport Trac spindle to a 95 Explorer etc, with the bigger rotor.

the spindle lift kit from a ford ranger edge will work but you would have to use a 11.25 in rotor from a ranger and also the caliper for the ranger i work at a ford dealership and i asked a heavy line tech and he said the chassis is the same on the sport trac as a ranger edge

or you can use this lift kit this is the same kit that the tech told me to buy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-05-Ford-...Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_1101wt_952

yeah i asked this question a while back. I know the calipers for say an 05 ranger is actually the same for the sport trac... unless the ranger changed its brake sizes (which i doubt) then theyd have to work. Ive been thinking about doing this for a while but am nervous because im just scared of spending money lol. but i mean even on my thread asking the same question i got the same replies. I think they could work but its kinda sketchy downsizing in rotors.

my friend has the exact lift kit on his truck and its still stops just fine and looks awsome in person with 35X12.5 on it which is y im going to lift mine
ill let you know how it turns out and take pics but i need to save the money to get new leaf springs aswell so my total cost is gonna be 1469.94 with shipping costs added in to it

honestly the spindles will be fine no need to buy some kit, you can crank on the torsion bars combined with spindles and get about 6" off the bat. buying torsion keys seems kind of useless since the ones on the truck ones are already adjustable anyways. lifting the rear you can do an s.o.a or superlift/ deaver springs with shackles.... total cost for an soa is like 10 bucks for the u bolts and plates. 300 for doetsche spindles. TT about 70 (for an alignment) shocks maybe 140 - 180 depending on what brand. and out of all of that you get the same lift compared to the one on ebay for a much cheaper price.... plus there really is no need for ucas because you can max out your torsion bolts before the ucas can reach their maximum angle. i know this because i maxed out my torsion bolts before i had my coilovers.

I know the calipers for say an 05 ranger is actually the same for the sport trac... unless the ranger changed its brake sizes (which i doubt) then theyd have to work.

The Ranger got larger rotors in 2001 or 2002, I forget which year.

Question

so i can put the splinder explorer sport 2000 to a explorer sport 2001?

regards

so i can put the splinder explorer sport 2000 to a explorer sport 2001?

regards

You have to match the type, 2WD or 4WD, and the rotor size. 2001 Sport rotor is larger than 2000 Sport rotor.

Don't go from a 2001 to a 2000 part.

Thanks

You have to match the type, 2WD or 4WD, and the rotor size. 2001 Sport rotor is larger than 2000 Sport rotor.

Don't go from a 2001 to a 2000 part.

Its a 2wd, only i need the spindler i can use???

Its a 2wd, only i need the spindler i can use???

So you have to use a 2WD spindle, and for a 2001, find a 2001-2005 Sport or Sport Trac spindle(2WD).

01 - 05 Ranger, Explorer Sport, and Sport Trac use the same spindle's just match 2wd and 4wd.

95-2001 Explorer 4dr
95-2000 Explorer Sport
95-2000 Ranger

These use the same spindles.

The Explorer Sport and Ranger were updated to the same stuff as the Explorer Sport Trac in 01.

I thought the Ranger still had the older spindle design until around 1998. There are brake upgrades for those 97ish Rangers that use the older 91-94 stuff.

The hubs and brakes are different between 94 and 95. It shows the hubs and brakes the same between 95/97 and then I think they might change again in 98. I am going research that a little more. This is according to Fords online catalog. I am going to edit my post to.

Thanks all

I found a 2000 explorer sport spindler and its a bolt on!!!
regards

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found a 2000 explorer sport spindler and its a bolt on!!!
regards

Yes, if you also swap to the smaller 2000-1995 rotor. Did you do that?

Back