Explore Spindles On Ebay Fit Sport Trac? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explore Spindles On Ebay Fit Sport Trac?

great thread here. im thinking about doing a spindle lift sometime next year. one of the things thats making me unsure about doing it is going to smaller rotors to fit the spindles on. i mean the whole point for me doing the spindle lift is to fit 35"s, and if im going to even bigger tires and then going to smaller rotors, i feel like that would greatly decrease my stopping power, especially if i was pulling something like a boat. still debating it, but a spindle lift would give a 2wd guy like me crazy lift for pretty cheap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

great thread here. im thinking about doing a spindle lift sometime next year. one of the things thats making me unsure about doing it is going to smaller rotors to fit the spindles on. i mean the whole point for me doing the spindle lift is to fit 35"s, and if im going to even bigger tires and then going to smaller rotors, i feel like that would greatly decrease my stopping power, especially if i was pulling something like a boat. still debating it, but a spindle lift would give a 2wd guy like me crazy lift for pretty cheap.

i'm sure if you used hawk hps pads with blank rotors and upgrade to steel brake lines you'll be fine

As I've been looking through all the brake stuff for mine, I'm seeing a ton of people love the slotted only rotors. They're said too have the most stopping power and there's tons of reviews to back that claim up, ones that people write after several thousands of miles are on them too.

nop

its the same rotor size

So is this installed now? Bring tha pix!!!

I was thinking about something similar but different. If you do torsion twist with longer bolts, you max out the keys. If you get lift keys, you max out the shocks. If you get longer shox, the ball joints bind. The lower can be clearanced by trimming the arm. For the upper, there are custom arms, or...

Maybe '02-up xplorer/mountaineer spindles? I noticed they're taller. The top of the ball joint is even with the top of a 30" tire, where it's 3" lower on an '01 ST. The brakes should be beefy, and they use the same lower ball joint, so it would be a bolt-on down there. The upper ball joint has a threaded stud, but there's probly a way to make it work.

If it worked like i'm thinking, you could do a 5" TT and your uca's would only be angled like you had 2", the extra 3" coming from taller spindles...

unless he has an early early 01 sport trac then they wouldnt need to be swapped as they were 11.25" rotor when they first came out. now they are all 12" rotors. i have an '01 with 12" rotors.

As I've been looking through all the brake stuff for mine, I'm seeing a ton of people love the slotted only rotors. They're said too have the most stopping power and there's tons of reviews to back that claim up, ones that people write after several thousands of miles are on them too.

Drilled and slotted are known to crack under extreme conditions because they cool so fast. I ran powerslots on my rx7 with ebc and hawk pads and they worked ok. Neither setup ever felt good, big brakes are really the only way to get some good stopping power but thats out of the question for our trucks.

Drilled and slotted are known to crack under extreme conditions because they cool so fast. I ran powerslots on my rx7 with ebc and hawk pads and they worked ok. Neither setup ever felt good, big brakes are really the only way to get some good stopping power but thats out of the question for our trucks.

Great :thumbdwn: i bought hawk hps pads and centric premium blank rotors for my camaro hoping i would be able to stop on a dime... guess i was dreaming... you think steel lines are a necessary upgrade for a 400rwhp camaro weekend cruiser? no strip or track near me

Back