• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport 17" rims fit

notlim

Reaction score
City, State
edmonton alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer sport
last week I did some test fitting, I ordered in a set of 17"steel wheels.

I found that the 17" wheels do fit over and clear the brakes on a sport.

A factory tire size is 245/65R17. This is the tire size that I went with. Overall the tire diameter is .5 inch shorter. Overall height is now 29.5" where as stock is 30"

This means that the ride height of the car has been lowered by 1/4" of a inch all around.

The speedomter is only slightly off. when my speedo says 60mph I am actually doing 59mph.

Or for metric people when the speedometer is showing 100km/h i am actually going about 98km/hr

I have been driving on my new winter tire size for about 2 weeks now with zero issues.

All said new rims, tires, and tpms sensors cost me about $1500 canadian

The tires that I chose are hakkapeliitta 8. They hold the land speed record on ice. they are studded and rated to 190km/hr

Overall I am very pleased, I was able to buy a complete winter tire package for cheaper than I could have bought just tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear it fits and only a minor speed discrepancy.
I got Hankook iPikes, on 18" steelies+tpms for $1400.

Hi mr, do you have some parts number for your 17 inch wheel??

Everyone should keep in mind that the brakes were upgraded on the 2013 to the same heavy duty Sport ones at the mid production point so the brakes on the later 2013 builds are not the same as the early builds of the 2013 non Sport model. Only one other person on the Forum that I'm aware of put 17" steel wheels on her 2014 Sport. Everyone else has gone with the 18" wheels.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Joray.:wavey:
The 17" steel wheels I put on my 2011 Explorer Ltd were the same ones that were on the Base Explorer model. This time on my 2014 MKT, I put 18" steel Interceptor wheels on for Winter. The Ford dealer charged me $88 per wheel. Wheel cover, TPMS and tax not included.

Peter

Attachments

• PA290305_001.JPG
    PA290305_001.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 513

I dont have the part number, but here are the stats.
The center bore is 63.4
The offset is +39
and the bolt pattern is 5x114.3

Everyone should keep in mind that the brakes were upgraded on the 2013 to the same heavy duty Sport ones at the mid production point so the brakes on the later 2013 builds are not the same as the early builds of the 2013 non Sport model. Only one other person on the Forum that I'm aware of put 17" steel wheels on her 2014 Sport. Everyone else has gone with the 18" wheels.

Peter

The 17" wheels fit just fine on my sport, and from my understanding the sport has the heavy duty brakes. So if they fit on mine with bigger brakes they should fit on all other sports. Thats just my understanding. I have 5000km's on my 17" steel winter wheels without any issues so far. Just sayin

The 17" wheels fit just fine on my sport, and from my understanding the sport has the heavy duty brakes. So if they fit on mine with bigger brakes they should fit on all other sports. Thats just my understanding. I have 5000km's on my 17" steel winter wheels without any issues so far. Just sayin
As mentioned, in mid production of the 2013 model all Explorers were outfitted with the same brakes as the Sport.

Peter

Back