explorer sport pics | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just seeing if I can bring back to life LOL.

Here is My 98 Sport TT and 4 Door leaf's. Gonna get Tires next month. The Green one is a 97 and it is my Daughters.

New  98 14.jpg

New  98 13.jpg

Just bought this for my son. All stock 2wd Explorer Sport XLT. Will be installing a small lift and some wheels and tires in the next couple day.

img_3857_edited.jpg

37669310_1075085339314312_6736977656308301824_o.jpg
37488671_1075084792647700_9120982645038120960_o.jpg

Continuing from above post, some more pictures.
This was originally my parents car, they got it in 2000 with 53k miles. They both were very heavy smokers. My mother quit just over a year ago, dad died in 2007 of lung cancer (no surprise there).
After gutting the interior and cleaning all the nicotine and dirt off everything with simple green (bottom belt dirty, top belt after cleaning), cleaning the cloth seats, and installing new carpet, ti is clean enough for me (non smoker) to drive. Still have to do the headliner, it stinks to high hell still after tried to clean it.

Was able to get my Ex Out in the Trails and was SUPER happy with how well she did. Here are a couple pics of her.
Rainbow Falls 01.jpg

Rainbow Falls 02.jpg

Rainbow Falls 03.jpg

Rainbow Falls 05.jpg

Can't wait to get her back out again.

Dana 30 swap, fully built. Full hydro steering, lockers, 1350/1354 doubler, topless rear dove tail. Currently building a full width d44 and 8.8 with 4.88 gears

50747.jpeg

IMG_20180831_140808104.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-092028~2.png

Screenshot_20181028-092517_1.png

IMG_20180513_150118534_HDR.jpg

I did the dove cuz the body in that lower section was literally gone so there was no support for the rear hatch so my whole rear end of the body was just sitting on the bumper so it was a good excuse to cut it up and this saturday a cage is going in

Current mode. TT and Shackles with 33x12.50s. New trans along the way. I rebuilt the rocker panels from scratch. Runs great, rides great, can't wait to do a little more wheeling to see what it can get through.

t
%N0ASnxHS02g+py82QrW1A.jpg

Here is my new to me Sport. 97 4.0 SOHC with 4.10 gears and an ls rear. Just put the engine in still need to put all the little stuff back together.
Here is a Before lift and tires.
New 97 03.jpg

This was the Day I bought her.
Here is after lift and tires.
New 97 23.jpg

Here she is now with Engine in but not put together yet.
New 97 61.jpeg

/\ Glad to see her coming back together!

Mine counts as a sport Don't it ? Lol

Here is a pic of our 99 Sport AWD. The front torsion bars have been adjusted, replaced the rear shackles with the warrior 153 Shackles, & it rides on Cooper Discoverer A/T-3 tires on stock Explorer wheels. We replaced the worn-out leather seats with a nice set of cloth seats. We added a full grille guard & a 20" light bar for the dark southwestern Virginia back roads. Repaired both rocker panels & replaced the Explorer side steps with a set of side steps from a Regular Cab Ranger.
100_1635.JPG

100_1714.JPG

No pics, but I parked next to a gorgeous Sport in Ankeny, Iowa last week. I'm guessing it's a 2000 based on the color - the same bronze as the '01 Sport Trac that Ford used in the early ads. I've seen a lot of Escapes and maybe a couple '01 Sports that color, but not much else. This Sport hasn't spent much time in the Midwest unless it was stashed in a garage and rarely driven.

Here is a pic of our 99 Sport AWD. The front torsion bars have been adjusted, replaced the rear shackles with the warrior 153 Shackles, & it rides on Cooper Discoverer A/T-3 tires on stock Explorer wheels. We replaced the worn-out leather seats with a nice set of cloth seats. We added a full grille guard & a 20" light bar for the dark southwestern Virginia back roads. Repaired both rocker panels & replaced the Explorer side steps with a set of side steps from a Regular Cab Ranger.
View attachment 448154

View attachment 448155
Nice! Sports are few and far between anymore. When my side steps rusted out it was tough to find a set (discontinued for years). I have never seen Ranger steps on a Sport before, did they attach to the original brackets/locations? They look great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Sports are few and far between anymore. When my side steps rusted out it was tough to find a set (discontinued for years). I have never seen Ranger steps on a Sport before, did they attach to the original brackets/locations? They look great.
The side steps on this Sport were badly rusted also. One bracket is in the original location & for the other one I had to make new holes for the bracket & used nutserts in the new holes to mount it to.

Back