• Register Today It's free!

Extended Warranty and Rear Diff.

JHG120

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Well, I've got the "hum" from the rear end, and am thinking the rear diff, as I've read on this site. I have an extended warranty, and the wordage goes:

Rear drive axle housing including all internal parts requiring lubrication; universal joints, constant velocity joints and constant velocity boots; drive shaft(s), yokes and drive shaft carrier(s). Four wheel drive transfer case and all internally lubricated parts. Hubs and wheel bearings, front wheel drive actuator.

Can anyone translate this code? What does this actually cover? I would love it to cover it, as it would only cost me $100.

Thanks all.

Basically it covers the drive line. The "rear axle housing including all internal parts requiring lubrication" is the key phrasing here. If that's your problem and you are still under warranty Ford should fix it.

Basically it covers the drive line. The "rear axle housing including all internal parts requiring lubrication" is the key phrasing here. If that's your problem and you are still under warranty Ford should fix it.

I sure hope so. It's not extended warranty thru Ford, but Great Lakes Warranty. Anyone else want to chime in. I'm taking the truck in to be diagnosed, and then will see what the extended warranty will cover. Thanks.

I have the Ford ESP Base Care Plan and it has the same wording as yours.

Coincidentally, I just had the rear differential (and transfer case and power steering pump) replaced two days ago. It was fully covered by the warranty.

You should be okay.

Back