Exterior Mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exterior Mods

I have 31's on my 98 XLT. Looks perfect, looks like it should have from the factory. No rubbing one tiny bit, and I like the ride a lot better. I'm higher an inch too! =)

(Stock was P235 75R15 btw)
Current: 31x10.50x15
GO GO GO! Get them, you won't regret it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 31's on my 98 XLT. Looks perfect, looks like it should have from the factory. No rubbing one tiny bit, and I like the ride a lot better. I'm higher an inch too! =)

(Stock was P235 75R15 btw)
Current: 31x10.50x15
GO GO GO! Get them, you won't regret it.

does it really affect the height of it enough to notice it? i agree though. the stock tires look too small on it. i think i am going to go ahead and do a tt and shackles just to give it that little bit more. give it a meaner look. :) more respect on the road. Thanks for your response.

I'm planning on doing the same.

It's noticeable, people who have gotten in have made comments about feeling slightly higher.

I'm planning on doing the same.

It's noticeable, people who have gotten in have made comments about feeling slightly higher.

great thanks. does it change the ride for the better or worse? or is it about the same? I am so excited about starting to modify my x.

You're reminding me of.. well.. me.. haha You'll love them, I'm not sure if I'm just imagining it or what.. but I Love the ride on them, and in my opinion it has improved greatly. Can go a little bit further in your off-roading too. I highly suggest BFG All-Terrain KO's.

You'll be so happy when you get larger tires. =) You'll be posting pictures like crazy. =P I did, I got a little carried away.. shall I direct you to my post?

View attachment 45725

IMAGE_011.jpg

Here are some pics of the front of my car. I took off the bottom of the front bumper a while back. I put new fog lights under it. The only part i dont like about it is the big scoop looking thing hanging down. but it definetly makes it look higher.

here is the link to my website of the car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915565

tell me what you think of it so far. There is a few things that i dont have on there yet. Maybe i will take pictures of them tomorrow to show. I have 2 antennas on the back for my cb and i have my cb installed. I also changed my exhaust too. I got it dumped and am going to shoot the exhaust out the side right in front of the back tire but havent gotten around to it (need to soon otherwise wont pass inspections. which was expired 7 days ago :p:) this weekend i am going to work on it. maybe get my tires. I will post pics of what ever i get done.

looks good

But yea with the 31" i felt a little higher not exactly sure how much higher but you can tell and i am much happier now i have them just cause they look awesome :D

Just so you know, you can Easily take off that "scoop". The radiator shoud, I think it's held on by 4 bolts and push pins. I took mine off, made it look even better.

I personally don't like the fog lights hanging there, if you wanted to though.. you could put them in the opening of your bumper.

Omg! Where Did You Get Your Compass And Temp Thing Blue?!?!?!?!?! I'll Trade You For Green!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg! Where Did You Get Your Compass And Temp Thing Blue?!?!?!?!?! I'll Trade You For Green!!!!!!!!!!!

well it came with it blue so i am not sure. lol but i like it.

but yea i didnt know that the scoop could come off. i never really looked at it. but i like my lights down there. its just my opinion but i like them there right now. but i think when i get my brush guard or light bar i will move them to there.

IMAGE_059.jpg

IMAGE_058.jpg

here are the pictures of my CB set up. I got to take the antennas off and repaint the brackets. obviously i didnt paint them good enough the first time.

o and does anyone have there exhaust running out the side in front of their back tires? if so could they post pictures? I am considering this as a possibility.

and i am not sure why but the antennas look really long. they are only about 4 inches above the top of the car. i guess it was the camera angle i was at that made them look so long. i just realized that when i posted the picture.

Heheh, I have the same antenna. You think yours looks tall? Mine is on top of the roof rack!

That is, if your antenna is the 4ft.

o dang yours is on top of the roof? wow that must be tall. does it look good? do u have a pic of it? mine just looks tall from the view. haha it is actually shorter than that.

It looks kinda odd, but it works great. I'll see what pics I have... prolly won't show the whole thing though.

EDIT: Yeah.. no good pics.. they're all night pics..

Here's a pic of a bunny I found on the side of the road though.. I stopped to take pics of it... so cute.. it ran away though when I tried petting it... hahahaha

Here's a pic of a bunny I found on the side of the road though.. I stopped to take pics of it... so cute.. it ran away though when I tried petting it... hahahaha

nice bunny. hahaha but thats fine. but if you ever come up with some pictures of it please post them. i always wondered what they would look like. i really considered putting them up there.

I just need batteries and the pictures are all yours... (and an alternator.. heheh.. should be here tomorrow though)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alright thanks man. I just had a problem with my alternator (or so i thought). there was a very loud screeching sound coming from the engine and it sounded like the alternator so i went out and bought one. i replaced it and guess what. it still made the noise. well as it turns out it was the idler pully UNDER the alternator. i didnt even think to look there. thankfuly the auto parts store took the alternator back (although they were not supposed to) ;) i guess i am lucky. and now i got to put pipes on my exhaust because i have to pass inspection. i have it dumped right now. but o well. after i get the exhaust fixed, all the rest is the fun part. putting what i want on it!!

Back