Exterior Mods | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exterior Mods

yea man your explorer is like exactly what mine is going to look like. I have the tires and black rims on it already. I want to get it painted black and then with the dark tint on the windows, it is going to look good. How much did u tint your windows? How much should i tint the rear one so i dont have a problem seeing when i am reversing at night?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd say leave the rear one stock, unless you plan on adding extra reverse lights. I have two i just need to wire them up.

well besides getting it just to make it look good, it serves as security. I have my 2 12" subs in the back and you can look right into my car and see them. Thats why i was looking at getting 5% tint. i know one of my frinds have it in their truck and you can even cup ur hands and look in and you cant see anything. Thats what i want. But when you sit inside you can still see out. So thats why i was looking at 5%

Might be fun to revive this?

Mine:

Removed factory running boards and replaced with rock sliders
Removed factory pin striping and replaced with Colorado pin striping (scrapes in the paint the length of the truck from trees and bushes)
Removed factory front bumper and replaced with custom bumper and skid plate
Remaining plastic bumper trim has been painted with bedliner paint (with the intentions of removing it one day and replacing with a custom bumper)
Lift and big tires added
Blingy red tow shackles
Painted the inset of the grille plastic with bedliner

E491-4867-B97E-8B8342F023BA-14326-000009953CD22FCA.jpg

i reeeeeally like that bumper

Mine:

Removed factory running boards and replaced with rock sliders
Removed factory pin striping and replaced with Colorado pin striping (scrapes in the paint the length of the truck from trees and bushes)
Removed factory front bumper and replaced with custom bumper and skid plate
Remaining plastic bumper trim has been painted with bedliner paint (with the intentions of removing it one day and replacing with a custom bumper)
Lift and big tires added
Blingy red tow shackles
Painted the inset of the grille plastic with bedliner

Did Stang5lgt make most of the armor? Looks great, exactly where I want our truck to go. :thumbsup:

most used mod

photo24.jpg

bumper bottle opener

Did Stang5lgt make most of the armor? Looks great, exactly where I want our truck to go. :thumbsup:

He didn't do any of it- a buddy of his did though. Stang5lgt did my gears. He might do a rear bumper with a swing out though. The only thing is that it would be a tube bumper and the front bumper is a plate bumper. I haven't decided if I want that combo just yet.

37. Mud

Also, bumper bottle opener. Genius.

Back