Exterior Mods | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exterior Mods

Yesss..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

YEA!!!! i finally got my tires and i got new rims while i was at it. couldnt help my self :D i will post pics soon. I am at work and it was raining yesterday so i couldnt get any good pictures.

also with the scoop thing, is ok to take it off? i am sure it is on there for a reason. will it not get enough air to it with out it? thanks

also willy try to post a sound clip of the exhaust as well

i am trying to post it but i cant seem to get it to work. i will try again tonight.

that sux man i hope u can get a clip of it eventually

Do you have your cb velcrowed on the side of the console or do you have the bracket fastened on the side of the console? My cb is propped up beside the console and dont like it there, it falls and plus if I'd ever get water on the floor I don't want the cb gettin screwed up, not many options with these full length consoles

Are you talking to me?

I don't even remember telling anyone about re-doing my cb setup and using velcro....

No, I was talking to willy I seen his cb setup inside his truck.

Ah. Alright.
Well, food for thought.. I used to have my CB shoved in between the seat and middle console.. I re-did everything.. it's now on top of my dash.. above the radio area.. using velcro on the cb bracket, and a small piece of velcro on the back of the cb, securing it to the dash even more.. it doesn't budge.. there's plenty of room to do this.. it's a nice place to have it IMO. The mic also is velcro'd to the area right under my gauge cluster... I might think of a different place to put it.. but for now.. it's very clean.. out of the way.. easy to get to..

i have it screwed in to the counsel. it is only 2 small holes so i figured no big deal. but on the sides of the bracket where it attaches to cb unit, i can only screw on side in because of the angle it is at. i doesnt move though so it works fine.

willy i didnt hear anything on ur video of the glasspacks

nvm mind willy i heard them now i had my speakers off thats why i couldnt hear it sounds awesome man.

you should do a video of u driving now

and nice tirs and rims u got there too willy

ok i need yalls opinions now. I want to tint my windows. but i dont know what the laws are everywhere else, but in texas, the windows directly to the left and right of the driver cannot be tinted with more than like 25%. But on my back windows i want to get darker tint. I want to get 5% on the back five windows (2 door windows the rear side windows and the back window). Would this look bad do you think having the 2 different amounts of tint? does anyone have this same thing that they have a picture of so i can get an idea of what it will look like. But i was also trying to decide whether or not should i just leave the front windows untinted (like they are now) to save money? or would that just look worse. the last thing i want is to have my car illegal again. i have already had trouble with my exhaust. I dont want to go through that again. :p: so let me know what you think on the topic. i am always open to suggestions. Thanks

ok well i am not sure if this is an exterior mod or not but i have one more question. what brand of air horns are the best. i want to have the big rig sound. what dB do the big rigs have? plastic or metal better? also, does it matter where you mount them? i dont want to have it on my roof but i dont have enough room in the engine compartment. so i was thinking right behind the bumper or maybe in that hole next to the license plate? any suggestions are greatly appreciated. and does any one know if they are illegal to use on the streets? i am not sure why they would be, but someone told me they were. Thanks

One the window tinting, no it will look fine alot of people up here do it because you're legally not supposed to tint the fronts but a few people do it so light cops don't seem to care. HOWEVER my 92 had the hatch tinted and i couldn't see out it at night when reversing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't tint the rear hatch glass, because as Jman said, you won't be able to see out at night. i had my front two windows to match the rest of them and it looks good, but not so dark that i can't see. I'm pretty sure it's 20 or 25%, whatever comes factory on the rear windows. 5% on the rear windows & cargo windows would be a good idea though. You can see the tint in my signature picture.

Back