factory amp bypass | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

factory amp bypass

tac0meat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB 2x4
is there any kind of kit or plugin module to bypass the amp in a 1995 explorer. its my friends car and he put in a new cd player and wants to find an easy way to bypass his factory amp. BTW he does not have the little 8 inch sub in the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can go to your local stereo shop or call crutchfield and they can get you a plugin that bypasses the amp. It is simple to plug in, but if it is like my 97 it is rather hard to get to because it is behind the rear passenger side panel.

I think there's an amp bypass article in on the maintenance tip page of this site.

You could just cut the wire's before each harness and connect them with some type of wire connector. It isn't as easy as the harness but it would save you $10-$15 bucks.

i didnt see anything for the amp on the tips page but tommorrow i will check with a couple of stereo shops around town and see if they have a bypass kit. thanks for the help guys.

Hey,
Here's where you can get an amp bypass harness:

Dead Link Removed

Click on:
DASH & SPEAKER KITS / PLUG IN HARNESSES / ANTENNA ADAPTERS

then:HARNESS **** plug it in ****

then:FORD PREMIUM AMP BYPASS HARNESS

It's $15.00 and sounds like what you need. They have lots of unique harness adapters.

Good luck!
Carter

Back