• Register Today It's free!

factory system question

joshtypesn

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer 4x4
I just replaced all my speakers with alpines and the headunit to an alpine headunit also. The problem is that I have yet to replace the subwoofer and it sounds horrible. I may not get to it for a while but for the meantime I just unplugged it but the problem is is that there must have been a filter on the door speakers because there is NO bass whatsoever. Anyone know how to get the bass back to my speakers and still leave the subwoofer disconnected?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With the JBL system all low range is sent to the subwoofer, none to the doors, that is why your Ex sounds horrible. Search and there are a lot of threads about this...

Anyone have a wiring diagram from behind the dash so that I dont have to use the harness or bypass the amp

Hey there!

Gotta go with Joe's recommendation... :)

Remove the rest of the JBL system, (i.e. the amp along with the sub) and power your speakers with the head unit, which will send a full-range signal. You might consider using an aftermarket amp to power them later on, or just using the head unit for the speakers and an amp just for the sub.

Here is what I did. I took the advice and removed the whole jbl system. Since the speaker wires ran to the back I purchaced a 30 foot speed cable from Best buy for 30$. I spiced in the speaker wires at the back and ran the speed cable to the head unit and everything works pristine! Sounds 10 times better than before. The speakers are all powered fine, the rear speakers may need an amp to help boost the sound a bit but it sounds really good still without one. Just a note for everyone, put some foam or something around the speakers when installing so they don't vibrate against the door, I have this problem at certian frequencies.

Back