Faithwheelers Naches trip 07-17-04 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Faithwheelers Naches trip 07-17-04

Gibby

Reaction score
City, State
Milton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 4Runner
The Faithwheelers Off Road Club ran the Naches Trail.

Here's the report for you.
http://207.202.208.243/faithwheelers/071704.htm

The report's not complete yet as I'm waiting for pics and need some details but, the bulk of it's there.

The Naches Trail, as you know, isn't very hard, but it sure keeps you busy for hours on end!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gibby said:
The Naches Trail, as you know, isn't very hard, but it sure keeps you busy for hours on end!

No, I don't know, but it sure looks fun. Is that trail suitable for a stock explorer? part of the trail? I'm new to 4x4s, so I'll go read so more posts/descriptions.

Thanks for the report!

A stock explorer with good tires! The reason why the stock 91 4runner was able to get through without any help is because he had a good set of aggressive tires and aired down for traction. Scratches are par for the course. Dent's are not necessary but you have to be VERY careful in an explorer to avoid dents. The trees are tight. Fender flares can be a problem. If you take your time with a good spotter you can make it through unscathed. Can a stock Explorer make it through - absolutely. The primary risk is minor dents or dings from cutting a corner too sharp or not cutting it sharp enough.

Dale-Did you see that I kept getting my CB antenna knocked off the roof? It finally got ripped off the roof and from the cable and my rear tire rolled over it, this happend towards the end in the lodge pole pines.The most excitfull place on the whole trail was when you made the sharp right just before enter ing the lodge pole pines and you dropped off that root, i don't how high my rear tire got but it caught my wife and me offgaurd.
I would like to go again when there is more time to explore the other side trails that are a little more difficult.

You did go Joe. I was laughing everytime you got out to put that antenna back up!!!!!
I'd like to run it East to West next. The only problems with the runs over on the other side, is that it takes so long to get there. You're looking at 3+ hours just to get there, run around and the 3 more hours home. I think it's really a weekend event to run those trails. I recall playing over near Manatash years ago. We were all exhausted by the time we got home. Not from the trails, but from the trip back and forth.

I just posted some more pics as well.

The thing I find good about breaking things is I get to get new better ones, to bad I can't break my tires I would like to have some 33's, that is how I can get the wifes approval to spending money on my toy. I have already replaced my antenna with a maxrad MHB 2700.
A multiday run with camping on the east side, would be fun you could use the FS (forest service) roads for quicker run arounds in parts.
So where next? Elbe hills is the last ORV area that is nearby that I have not be to.

jrgaylor said:
The thing I find good about breaking things is I get to get new better ones, to bad I can't break my tires I would like to have some 33's, that is how I can get the wifes approval to spending money on my toy. I have already replaced my antenna with a maxrad MHB 2700.
A multiday run with camping on the east side, would be fun you could use the FS (forest service) roads for quicker run arounds in parts.
So where next? Elbe hills is the last ORV area that is nearby that I have not be to.

If we go to Elbe, I'm driving behind you! You'll widen the path out... Elbe is considered very narrow. Evan's Creek ORV park still has LOT to offer. You only hit one half of one trail and it was an easy one. If I'm not stuck behind Bronco all day, I run that trail in about 15 minutes start to finish (unless I break of course).

Elbe would make your convex panels, concave. I've never run those trails, but Dave has (he was in the red Jeep up at the front). He won't take his rig there. I would love to be a passenger on a trip out there to really see what it's like. I'm more worried about my wide tire stance than anything else. 81" bulge to bulge is pretty wide.

Actually next we have a work party at Bernie's farm on the 31st of July. Jason's organizing that cause I'm on vacation. There's always some playtime on the course on in the mud at the end of the day. If you can help, go to our website and send him an email.

I'm thinking Evan's would be good again in early August, or take a few of our more trail ready rigs and run Elbe. What the heck, it's just sheet metal!

Rich the guy in the stock forerunner said he has taken his rig to elbe a couple times, so we will see, A evans run would be great, I am goig to be getting busy in August as we are going to be moving down by Onalaska, kinda by HAPPS place, I am not sure of the exact date and my wife probally wants me to help pack, and September 3 I am climbing Mt.St. Helens.

jrgaylor said:
Rich the guy in the stock forerunner said he has taken his rig to elbe a couple times, so we will see, A evans run would be great, I am goig to be getting busy in August as we are going to be moving down by Onalaska, kinda by HAPPS place, I am not sure of the exact date and my wife probally wants me to help pack, and September 3 I am climbing Mt.St. Helens.

I'd bet he's run the trails AROUND Elbe. Maybe we'll have to go find out for ourselves. I searched Pirate and didn't see any decent trail reports anywhere.

Back