Fall Colors Run | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fall Colors Run

yo matt,...its going good, it got pushed off cause i got 2 new stangs, 84 SVO and a 95 cobra. but it should be out real soon. all i need to do is some stearing BS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh man, SVO!!! gotta love/hate that 2.3 turbo. If you need some serious work done to that thing, I got a guy in Queens who is the isht. His daily driver (merkur 2.3t) puts out 550 wrhp. He's working on a race car to put out more. And that's not stroked or anything, all big turbo/big intercooler, tons of headwork, but the displacement is the same. Damn, I wish I was around to see it.

Originally posted by lizardtrac
ok... we got somemore ppl... me, chris, dave, dave, and someother dude.... dave and dave are from NJ, full size bronco, and a jeep, chris with the tracker. so far it looks like a decient group.... so now its

JDraper
BenS
Garret
Chris 1
Chris 2
Dave 1
Dave 2
other dude

Well, Ben just dropped out too......

yo matt,...are you talking about L.E.V??

So what's going on with meeting? Where, when? One of the hotels, the trailhead campsite? I'd like to meet up with you guys Friday night somewhere, if possible. Somebody please answer--I need to know. Also, what time are we hitting the trail Saturday?

(I just found out of a death in the family last night. If funeral plans conflict with the trip, I may have to bow out. At the moment, I'm still planning on coming.)

RC

also, from what I hear, Rouch creek is MUCH more stict and WILL ban anyone from the park without a refund for minor ****.

Rausch Creek kicking someone out for minor ****??? Lizard can you tell me who/when this happened?? Sorry for jumping into your forum and posting but I got an email from a EXPLORER member.

Paragon rocks that is not an issue to argue but don't slam a place you have never wheeled!!

I hope you guys come and have fun. I guess feel free to Flame me if you must.

Bruce Shallis
RC Off Road Park

Re: RC

Originally posted by Shady TJ
also, from what I hear, Rouch creek is MUCH more stict and WILL ban anyone from the park without a refund for minor ****.

Rausch Creek kicking someone out for minor ****??? Lizard can you tell me who/when this happened?? Sorry for jumping into your forum and posting but I got an email from a EXPLORER member.

Paragon rocks that is not an issue to argue but don't slam a place you have never wheeled!!

I hope you guys come and have fun. I guess feel free to Flame me if you must.

Bruce Shallis
RC Off Road Park

First off welcome to the board, you're not gonna have to worry about being flamed here. :) I don't know who's chris has been talking to but I haven't heard anything bad about Rausch creek. I personally have never been to RC and I'd be out there this weekend if i had the money. :(

Hiya, ShadyTJ

It's not that we don't wanna wheel there! We just always seem to have something come up at the last minute, usually money concerns :p

Jeff, looks like Dave (asilly50) will be the only one there WITH an Explorer, lol. Yours doesn't count- it's the tow vehicle ;) I'll try and stop by just to say hello to you and Susan and Rachel before you leave for the day (Gonna try and steal the Saturn so I can at least head out to Fug's with the others and then to Etown for Sunday). What time you guys think you all be done for the day?

I'd wait to buy a new driveshaft until the first one's paid for.
FWING! Right over his head, Matt! :rolleyes: How are you doing on the great job search down thar in Tenny-see, buddy?

Nope, never been there, but I did hear that BS from someone during the PA nightmare rally that RC park was really strict, I didnt mean that in a bad way at all, I just wanted to make sure eveyone attending had their **** in order so we dont waste half the day dealing with problems..... hell, Paragon wont let you in if you got a loose battery, thats sorta strict ta me..... I was only going by what I heard, but if I thought different, I wouldnt be gettin more ppl together to come there..... including guides from paragon. Sorry if ya took it the wrong way but I wasnt slamming RC at all, Im really looking foward to exploring the new terrain, and meeting new people there.

And as Doug said, we dont flame, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and defence, aint nuttin wrong with that.:D

Here is another response from Rausch Creek--

I am only going to comment on this thread once. The only problem here is that someone is making assumptions that RC is strict based upon what even he calls a nightmare-- the PA Rally. That was a nightmare for a number of reasons. The organizers were not organized, and we had a large amount of snow on the ground that changed everything. Plans were changed at the last minute so that people would not have to spend all day digging out, and it required our volunteers to really scramble to make something work. If you ask the 'organizers', I think you will find that there were problems at Paragon as well (that were not Paragon's fault, but the fault of the 'organizers').

As for the trails: Many of the trails were cut with clubs in mind. What does that mean? Well, if you have ever wheeled with a club, you know that a number of different levels of drivers and rigs show up for rides. On trails such as 12, 10, 3 and 2 (and I only mention a few here) there are multiple obstacles, and easy bypasses. Basically, there are challenges for everyone.

Our park has only been open since April. We have bent over backwards for the clubs and groups that come up, and although we realize that Paragon has greater name recognition than us, we feel that we offer a great product to the wheeling world that is on par with Paragon. The people that run RC are wheelers to. We are not full time employees of the park, but do it because of our passion for the sport. We treat EVERYONE equally, and because of this, (and I may be biased) we do not have any politics. Everyone pays the same price, runs the same trails, has the same fun and wheels. The only problems we have ever had seem to be a result of comments on the internet. oNce the rocks and mud come into the equation, the problems stop.

To date, WE HAVE KICKED NOONE out of the park! Period. We have fined noone for coming out of the park late, and we have not been strict in anyway. We may have asked someone to slow down on the trails a bit, or put their seatbelt on, but that was more for safety than anything else.

We have had groups of Expeditions and full size Ram pickups on our trails. We have had groups of heavily modified rigs on our trails with rockwells and 44s and they got totally spanked. We have heard groups say that there is nothing hard at the park, and we have heard others say there is nothing easy. Personally, I think we have both easy and hard trails.

We really just ask that you come out and try the park. We will reccomend some trails based on seeing your group, and we ask that everyone goes over to the west property (you will all get maps), and see our pride and joy: the Rock Creek.

So, it is with sincere intertest that I ask you guys to try our park. If you have problems, let us know. We will address any problems that come up, and do what we can to fix it so you can have a good time.

Thanks, and please return to your regularly scheduled program as I step off my soap box.

Soooo, we wanna meet tomorrow morning at 8:30 at the check in building??

Problem... Im having some problems with the skunk, the front driveshaft is not cooperating..... and turns out I need new wheel bearings too ... Jeff, I gotta talk to you... first I gotta find your # again...

Chris, check your PM's...# there.

Postponing the Run

OK, since almost EVERYONE is having problems being available this weekend, let's postpone the run until a date that we can have everyone (or at least most of the people) who wants to go there.

How about if everyone who would like to go to Rausch Creek on another date send me a PM or an E-Mail and I'll set it up for the best date.

Sorry to RC for having to postpone it, but as you can see above, almost everyone is having a problem with the date.

If anyone still wants to wheel somewhere else this weekend, contact Lizardtrac.

Jeff

If you make it any weekend in November I would be able to make it. But I gotta pretty much know now so I can arrange it with work..... The 1st or 2nd is ok with me..... Mahwah run is the next weekend after that...

Karol

Actually, post poning this is not a bad idea, i might have enough money to make it to the run :)

mark99tj: Man, I dunno what's been said but like i told the other guy who posted here I havent heard crap like that from much of anybody. I personally and I know i can speak for some other people here are anxious to try and get to Rausch Creek. We've all been to Paragon many times and alot of us are ready to try something new. And I don't know what was said but if it was just one person on this board please don't take it seriously, And they do not represent the majority of explorer owners.

Doug

LMAO..... this is too damn funny, I said something I heard, and for that matter didnt even believe, but I posted it so some people that drag their ***** on other trips dont totally F#$K it up for everyone else when their bass-ackwards and forget that they need a truck, equiptment, and for that matter, a driver capable of off-roading, when it comes time to wheel, and their standing there with their thumbs up their collective *****.

sorry, had to vent.

Well since we're all venting, Lemmie stand on the soap box for a sec.....

As a (hopeful) owner of a 2nd, bone stock Explorer, I'm tired of hearing y'all pick on those who do NOT want damage to their trucks....while I realize that yeah, you should *expect* it, it doesn't mean you HAVE to get it. The club attitude of "If you don't wanna hit the extremely hard trails that we wanna hit you're a sissy" is just wrong.

What happened to wheeling for fun? I'm sick of seeing a the few new members we pick up get dissed for not being as 'hardcore' as the rest of you....

Ok, I'm steppin down here...who's turn next? :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heck, I'm happy just to be out and playing off road. I'd rather not get body damage on my truck. Means more work for me to fix it :rolleyes:

As far as running on easy trails, I have no problem with that at all. Anyone ever heard me ***** about trail selection??? I still have a blast playing around on just dirt forest trails. If anyone thinks that they shouldn't come because they "can't keep up with the big trucks"....come anyways. If the "big trucks" do hit a hard trail, there is usually an easier bypass trail around it. If not, we won't leave you behind. Also, it's a lot of fun watching some of the trucks on the harder trails. Ya get some great Kodak moments :D. I'm in this as much to hang out with people as I am to wheel. I do like to hit the harder trails, but I also like to come home with my truck in one piece. I am not out to flog the isht out of my vehicle. I can be just as happy running around on forestry roads as long as we are having fun.

***Climbing on a small soapbox***

I think everyone who has been part of this group needs to step back and take a look at what has happened to us and decide if they want to continue this way, or take a deep breath, swallow some pride/anger and stay friends. I for one want to keep wheeling with a group of people I like and get along with. I also want to be able to bring new people along without them feeling like they are outsiders, their truck isn't good enough, or that there is too much bs being flung.

***Tripping over edge of box and falling off***

One way I think we can get around/over this "big dawg" problem is to state ahead of time what kind of run it will be. That way, anyone that wants to go will know what to expect, and not have to worry about keeping up.

Now...I still wanna go play at Rausch Creek so anyone that wants to go, let me know when you are available, and I will set it up. Since this is the first time we will be going there, I expect we will not be doing killer trails so we can get a feel for the park. We may hit a hard trail or two, but I don't want anyone not to come because they feel that they can't keep up. If we do hit something difficult, those that don't wanna hurt their trucks (I can competely understand that, that's why I don't wheel my X anymore) can ride along with someone or watch as those that do want to hit the hard trials beat up their trucks :D. IN NO CASE WILL I LEAVE ANYONE BEHIND OR GIVE SOMEONE A HARD TIME FOR NOT DOING A TRAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! I want everyone to have fun, and only do the trails that they feel they are capable of doing.

Now, as Rodney King once said "Can't we all just get along?" :cool:

So ends this rambling post
:p :p :p

Back