Fall Colors Run | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fall Colors Run

I really wish I could make the run on sat, but have to work and have work sunday morrning so I will be down to e-town around 2 pm how can you pass up a day of seeing fords go down the track

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As of now, my presence is still questionable, I have no front driveshaft, and my t-case is not in the best condition.... and best of all, IM BROKE! If I do make it, Ill just be down for the day and will be wheeling at Paragon on Sunday, If I dont make it, Ill be wheeling at Paragon both Sat and Sun.

Matt, Ratter was not a trail to hit with the vehicles we had out that day, one or 2 of us MAY have been able to complete that trail.... but everyone else would have to sit and watch, and that trail has been there for many, many years..... As for Rausch creek, I have never wheeled there, so I dont know what were in for, nor what kind of trails were hitting, you may want to talk to Jeff who is coodinating this run to see what your in for, and request some harder trails.

so were gonna be hitting rattler??
i don't know if my truck can handle that just yet.
i mean from what i've read dasfrems truck coulden't even do the whole trail. and he's on 35s and has a spring over and locker.

2001expsport i hate to say it but i don't think eigther of our trucks could handle it unless were locked front and rear. or you have some mods that I don't know about.

well so whats the deal it's looking like we'll be doing a run at ruach creek only i guess.

Rattler is a horseshoe shaped loop more or less. It exits about 100 feet from where it starts so you dont even have to run it if you dont want to. You can park and just go watch others brutalize their rigs. I might add, it is pretty fun to run some of it, your rig can definately handle the first part up until you see where all the pics were taken of DasFrem.

its not written in stone that we do rattler, I go by how capable the vehicles are that I have that day, If mid-level trucks are going, we hit mid-level trails, if big ass trucks are going, we hit the hard stuff... and so on.... I never judge what trails to hit by my truck, I can hit any trail, any time being that I live here. If theres not too many of you that wanna hit paragon, you can decide at the last minute if you want to go or not.

So, who's as pumped for this weekend as me??? This'll be my first time wheeling with other Explorers :redexp: :D Getting all new major fluid changes before the run, my freaking temp gauge fixed, extended breather lines added, and oh yeah, a tow strap :rolleyes:

Any word on a meeting spot Friday night? Like I said earlier, I'd prefer to camp, so I'd be up for meeting at the trailhead camp area. Or, someone suggested meeting at the hotel first, then anybody interested could go to the campsite.

If no body else wants to camp Friday night, then maybe I'll sleep in the back of the X in the lot, or crash on somebodys floor -- or hell, just buck up for a bed.

What's the word?

As I said in the parallel Englishtown thread, unless a miracle occurs between now and next friday, I have no way to get up to either event :( Sorry :(

well as of now, my presence is questionable, I still have to fix my driveshaft... well get a new one, and a few other things on the skunk... problem being that I cant get off my ass to get the **** done...

I'd wait to buy a new driveshaft until the first one's paid for.

bad news.
i just found out that their is a mtb Downhill race up in roxbury ny this weekend and since i'm on a race team i have to bew at the event saturday practice sunday race.

so i won't be able to make it i hat e to do this to you guys but i gotta.

also my truck has been acting wierd lately like it's just waiting to leave me stranded in the woods of rauch creek. it's just not feeling butter. you know what i mean. i've got to look it over tomorrow.
i'm sorry once again.
-Martin

Well, it seems like we're down to four now...

JDraper
BenS
Garret
2001ExpSport

Anyone Else??

ta hell with buying another driveshaft, im still fighting with tom woods to get a refund for the piece of crap I got from them.... Ill just make something up with the **** I got here. I dont want to work on my truck at all anymore, nevermind spending more money that I dont have on it, my finance company is fighting with me, they are refusing to repo the damn truck....

Damn they're dropping like flies. Man I wish I could afford to head all the way out there but i just dont have the money right now. :(

ok... we got somemore ppl... me, chris, dave, dave, and someother dude.... dave and dave are from NJ, full size bronco, and a jeep, chris with the tracker. so far it looks like a decient group.... so now its

JDraper
BenS
Garret
Chris 1
Chris 2
Dave 1
Dave 2
other dude

umm wow ive been MIA for a bit and thing look like a mess,........we just al need to go wheeling again, and ALL get along again,...I.E Doug, ME, Shaun, Justin. Why dont we all go jack "Black Jack" back.....:p

Yo Dave, long time, no see. What's up with the D44 9" swap?

Originally posted by lizardtrac
...chris with the tracker...
The white tracker that was at the rally?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by X24
The white tracker that was at the rally?

No, black tracker, looks like a mini-skunk, even has the stripes....

Back