• Register Today It's free!

Fan Noise

scarylibrary23

Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Eddie Bauer 2WD
When i turn the a/c on or any air on the fan has a humming noise. On low and next setting up you cant hear it. But from there it gets louder. Is this the blower motor or what else could it be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

could be the motor, does it sound anything like plastic rubbing on plastic at high speed??? I have a blower on my Trans Am that rubs the squirrel cage fan against the housing and it makes noise. I got the fan from a part car I had, they LOOKED the same, but the donor one rubs. I don't ever drive that car so it's not worn it down yet..... just hums I guess you could call it.

Anything like that?

nothing like plastic on plastic it is a very annoying noise.

Only part that could hum I would think would be the blower motor. I've heard transformers hum, and the more power you run through them the louder the hum, but I don't think the blower motor has anything like that. My vote would be the blower motor from the info at hand.

now that i have decided to buy a blower motor should i get the one with a fan or without.

Without, unless you know the blower fan is bad. They are easy to put on or take off on a 1st gen Ex.

Back