• Register Today It's free!

fender molding

volleyfoc24

Reaction score
City, State
Muncie, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 sport
Ok, so I am working on getting rid of the grey trim on my 03 xls. I got hit a month ago, and the rear bumper is being replaced with a limited edition painted bumper this week, I covered the front with a bra for now until I can afford to get that bumper replaced as well. Now the issue is the grey above the wheel wells... I am at a loss, I was told that they cant take them off without repaintin everything due to the holes in the fenders... I was thinking just using some plastic paint to make them a flat or shiny black instead of trying to match the dark green. And for the most part I have dark tinted windows, black westin bull bar, black headlights, black tailights... So I thought the black trim would look ok until I could afford to remove them. And I do not want to replace them cause I like them better off by the other models I have seen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

post some pics....

I will when I get it back I really only have one right now...
and it is on my comp at home...
The body shop is going to look into painting them a flatt black

If the body shop is gonna paint them black, might as well pay a few more dollars and get them the body color

if u use duplicolor krylon paint on the plastic moldings ull be fine... theyre made with a flexible additive to stick to the plastic and not crack when they bend

If the body shop is gonna paint them black, might as well pay a few more dollars and get them the body color

I agree. It would be better to just have them paint them.

ok I had them paint them a flat black until i can afford to get rid of them and replace the front bumper so... I put a bra on the front, not bad, but the bodywork they did looks awesome
I have picks but I need help putting them on here... do I have to use a internet site first? I know some sites do that...

Back