Final post in this forum

falkirk18

Reaction score
City, State
Naples, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Hello all,

I've spent the last 27 months trying to be happy with my 2011 Limited X, but yesterday was the last straw... I drove to the BMW dealer and traded it in on a 2013 X5.

SO, I obviously will no longer be spending hours on this forum trying to solve the issues with my X, and pleading with the Ford IVT team to take some accountability for the poor execution of the MFT system, as well as many other issues...

But what I want to say on this post is sad for me, as I've been a loyal Ford customer for almost 20 years. Ford has lost a customer.... And not because of the issues I had with my X, but b/c of the way Ford choose to deal with customers that had/have issues. And blaming it on the dealerships ability to "fix" the problems is such a "red-hearing". From the A-Pillar rattle, MFT disaster, Climate control shortcomings, etc... I just couldn't take another visit to the dealership to hear the service manager tell me that "Ford" hasn't found a fix for the issue, and that I should just be patient. Almost a dozen visits and as many calls to Ford and I'd had enough. And if I heard one more Ford rep say "Please take your vehicle to the dealership so they can diagnose and fix the issue", only to get to the dealership and have them say "we've never heard of that issue before" I was going to vomit...

Surely there will be many that look at my experience and say I'm just one of those customers that just can't be made happy. But, this is the first vehicle I've ever been disappointed in. And I tried, believe me I tried to see past the issues. For 27 months!!! And not once, not once did Ford ever do something resembling apologizing for taking my money and providing a product that wasn't even close to what they advertised.

Shame on you Ford, and the only thing left as a consumer I could do was give up on you and your products. And I will never buy another... But worse, leadership at Ford continues to hide, refuses to address the issue or take accountability and make the owners of this vehicle "whole".

Sincerely,
Former Ford Customer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello all,

I've spent the last 27 months trying to be happy with my 2011 Limited X, but yesterday was the last straw... I drove to the BMW dealer and traded it in on a 2013 X5.

SO, I obviously will no longer be spending hours on this forum trying to solve the issues with my X, and pleading with the Ford IVT team to take some accountability for the poor execution of the MFT system, as well as many other issues...

But what I want to say on this post is sad for me, as I've been a loyal Ford customer for almost 20 years. Ford has lost a customer.... And not because of the issues I had with my X, but b/c of the way Ford choose to deal with customers that had/have issues. And blaming it on the dealerships ability to "fix" the problems is such a "red-hearing". From the A-Pillar rattle, MFT disaster, Climate control shortcomings, etc... I just couldn't take another visit to the dealership to hear the service manager tell me that "Ford" hasn't found a fix for the issue, and that I should just be patient. Almost a dozen visits and as many calls to Ford and I'd had enough. And if I heard one more Ford rep say "Please take your vehicle to the dealership so they can diagnose and fix the issue", only to get to the dealership and have them say "we've never heard of that issue before" I was going to vomit...

Surely there will be many that look at my experience and say I'm just one of those customers that just can't be made happy. But, this is the first vehicle I've ever been disappointed in. And I tried, believe me I tried to see past the issues. For 27 months!!! And not once, not once did Ford ever do something resembling apologizing for taking my money and providing a product that wasn't even close to what they advertised.

Shame on you Ford, and the only thing left as a consumer I could do was give up on you and your products. And I will never buy another... But worse, leadership at Ford continues to hide, refuses to address the issue or take accountability and make the owners of this vehicle "whole".

Sincerely,
Former Ford Customer
My sentiments exactly! If anything, posting our problems and concerns will make others think twice about Ford products ......... two unanswered letters to Ford in regards to issues with two out of four of my Fords has turned me off as well. What a way to run a company. :roll:

Funny. They must have a list of people to piss off. I always get curteous prompt service and when I call FoMoCo of Canada they get right on top of the issue and get it solved. Never had any problems with them. Crazy how the system works. I have though encountered terrible service from BMW and Volvo. Shoe's on the other foot so to speak. I also got sick of paying outrageous prices for BMW parts. I'll never go back to them. Must have gotten one of those rear Beamer lemons. Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy your new ride.

I agree with you but I wonder why you didnt use the Lemon Laws like many have....I ask because I felt same about my 2011. After arbitration put me into a 2013 I only have the MyFord Disapointment issue left.

Quick Quest for Sgt1411

When did you go through arbitration? I also bought an early build 2011 (one of the first delivered north of Seattle) and lived south of you in Bellingham (moved back to Detroit last year), and have been having nothing but problems. I was provided with an extended service contract that has not covered 'wear and tear' items and left me with an 800$ balance on a radiator leak at 41k on one hose that was not covered by the plan. I now have cracks in my MFT screen which were not present when I dropped the car off at the dealership and will cost me 1000$ to replace. I am in the process of speaking to a lawyer regarding these issues as we should not have to suffer through these early build issues out of Chicago. I just spoke to the Regional Customer Rep who suggested the ESP premium plan was compensation enough.

Mksg

Lemon Laws are different in Canada you have much stronger laws then we do up here.

Here we use a division of the BBB called CAMVAP, Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

I believe from what I learned here on this form each State has different Lemon Laws so you will have to check that out. Many on this forum have had success with MFT being the focus of their claim.

With the assistance of knowledgable people on this forum I argued my case and was able to trade my 11 in for 13.

I argued back and forth during the process for the last 6 months of 2012 and got my 2013 in October 2012.

They always try and use ESP as a way to get you to go away but even if you got everything covered think of the time you will be spending at the dealership.

Funny. They must have a list of people to piss off. I always get curteous prompt service and when I call FoMoCo of Canada they get right on top of the issue and get it solved. Never had any problems with them. Crazy how the system works. I have though encountered terrible service from BMW and Volvo. Shoe's on the other foot so to speak. I also got sick of paying outrageous prices for BMW parts. I'll never go back to them. Must have gotten one of those rear Beamer lemons. Best of luck to you. I hope you enjoy your new ride.
My dealer has been great. I couldn't ask for more, except maybe having donuts available with their free coffee. ;) I took mine in a couple of days ago to have the Winter wheels swapped out and mentioned that I had to trickle charge the battery a few times since my last visit. They did a quick test and replaced the battery. I mentioned to the service advisor that the random windshield wipe was still happening despite having the TSB done a year ago. I told him that it wasn't a big deal since it doesn't happen that often and that I would wait to see if it gets worse before getting it addressed. A mechanic/technician came out to speak to me while I was in talking with my salesman to pass he time and he told me that the battery was replaced and a new module for the wipers had been ordered since they wanted to get it resolved now. Both items covered under warranty. Went home very happy after a few coffees and complimentary car wash/dry. Couldn't be happier with the service or the Explorer.
This is a small town Ford/Lincoln dealership which has been family owned for 64 years.

Peter

I had a Jeep before my Ford and ran into similar issues as the OP. Dealer could not fix a lot of annoying little issues and had no signs of getting to a resolution. Last year, I took my 07 Ford Fusion to the dealer because the transmission threw an error code. During that visit (not an inspection, just a tranny issue) they found a CV boot was ripped and replaced that and the axle. They also replaced the rear brake caliper because the tech noticed it was sticking, it made an annoying squeaking sound. All of that was covered under the warranty and fixed in under a week. They ended up replacing the entire transmission to correct the issue. The dodge dealer could not even stop the heated seat from turning off every 5 minutes.

Good luck at BMW!

Hi everyone,

If you're having a physical concern with your vehicle, I want to do what I can to help. Send me your information (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) so I can do some research into your case.

Thanks!

Crystal

Back