• Register Today It's free!

Finally got pulled over!

murdered05X

Reaction score
City, State
greenville ,sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 xlt
well today in fountain inn sc i got pulled over for my tinted tailights. I have had them tinted for over two years and not a problem. They were done by a paint shop by spraying clear with a tint of black. The officer told me that he didnt have a problem with them and that he could see all my signals .This was in the daytime. He also said that the problem would be at night and if someone was to run into me i could get sued and they would be off the hook lol. well couldnt they be seen better at night lol? Anyways he said he was just looking out for me becuase some of the other officers hate them and would fine me 300. He gave me a warning . Sooooo now what? they are painted. Guess ill have to buy new ones unless someone wants to trade. They look so good too. They are glossy black just like my ex :rolleyes: damn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks man. I'm debating on whether or not to do it to my white 97. Not to be off subject but do you have any pics of that cobra.. sounds sweet.

thanks bro. no the cobra is in the shop right now. Blew a head gasket on the track the other night. There are a couple on my profile

Looks awesome. What kind of turbo are you using on it?

Look into getting 4th gen tails;) That's what I'll be getting someday.

well today in fountain inn sc i got pulled over for my tinted tailights. I have had them tinted for over two years and not a problem. They were done by a paint shop by spraying clear with a tint of black. The officer told me that he didnt have a problem with them and that he could see all my signals .This was in the daytime. He also said that the problem would be at night and if someone was to run into me i could get sued and they would be off the hook lol. well couldnt they be seen better at night lol? Anyways he said he was just looking out for me becuase some of the other officers hate them and would fine me 300. He gave me a warning . Sooooo now what? they are painted. Guess ill have to buy new ones unless someone wants to trade. They look so good too. They are glossy black just like my ex :rolleyes: damn

Would they swap out with my 02 E/B ? I'm in Greer

yes they would fit

looking for someone to trade with a little boot or tell me where i can get 4th gen tails from

yea thats crazy 120 a light wow

try going to a local junk yard, for any random car part my local junkyard charges $5 a pound ;)

that sux

Got a like new pair, '03 I think, if they'll work in yours.

Explorerparts007.jpg

Sent you a pm

thanks nc ranchero they look good.

Since you found some 4th gen replacements are you going to sell your tinted ones then? If so how much? I have the 3rd gen stocks now, is it hard to wire the 4th Gen tails to a 3rd gen Ex?

I'll sell them & they are extremely nice. If anyone is interested email or PM me. I have pics.

A local cop by me said one loop hole for smoked taillights is to add a brake light in your hitch. Then you have over the limit that's legal and also as long as the reverse light isn't blacked out the shouldn't touch you.

well too late now. i have new cherry red ones Lol just need to get the old tinted ones off my hands

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the cops down here are bad. Very bad. everytime i pull my cobra out of the garage and go cruise im nervous lol. Ive been pulled over and told i have alot of illegal stuff on my car lol no ****!! Sometimes i wonder if they pull me over to check out my rides lol

Back