Finally posting pictures (I think) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally posting pictures (I think)

Nice interior job. I want to do sumthin very simliar with the radio surround, dash, and door lock surround. Any info on how you did it would be greatly appreciated. Did you take them off or what???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took the pieces off. Be careful taking the door lock surrounds off. They are real easy to break. Take the small panel off behind the door handle first. SInce these areas are touched a lot, you want to put plenty of coats and clear. The cup holder moulding was very difficult to sand and paint.

Nice truck! I know I'm kinda late, but I just saw this thread lol. I also like the thin blue line plate, I have a decal on the back of mine (and a PBA sticker). :thumbsup:
Dad's a 25 year veteran of the Highway Patrol and I'm in school for Criminal Justice. :D

But my X is also a black and white theme, but it's a second gen. I painted my stockers black with some Rustoleum and it has held up great. My dad uses Rustoleum on his patrol car wheels so they don't rust and look like poop.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h130/DallasA/IMG_4205.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h130/DallasA/IMG_4209.jpg

NIce looking truck man. The wheels look good! I just bought a programmer from henson performance so I don have the money to buy wheels yet. I decided not to paint my stock wheels.

Thanks. Yeah I'm pretty happy the way they turned out for just a rattle can of cheap paint lol. I was lazy and painted over the wheel-weight, so when I need new tires (pretty soon) I'm gonna have to paint them again. But it doesn't take that long.

That's cool. I'd like to get some performance mods and stuff for mine, but being in college, I can't spend that kind of money. So it's just cheap aesthetics for now lol.
Are you happy with the programmer?

I hot the programmer from James about two weeks ago. I got 87, 89, and 93 Octane tunes and my total was 400 dollars. While programming my truck, my sct screen started fading out. I called James and he walked me through the rest of the tuning process. He told me that the unit was brand new and he offered to pay for the programmer to be sent to sct but I told him I would cover shipping. James contacted sct, got my rma number and told me to send it in and they Will repair or send a new unit. While I had the programmer, I was satisfied. I was using my 87 tune and I was still happy with the money for horsepower ratio. Throttle response increased, passing power was nice, and no hesitation off the line. When I took the tune off was when I really felt a huge difference. I didn't realize how sluggish my truck is without the programmer. I'm very anxious to get it back.

I want everyone to know that I am very satisfied with The customer service and assistance I received from James. He also supplied my 3 custom tunes for FREE! 140 dollar value! I recommend anyone that wants one buys from James.

The k and n kit was a barely felt difference. BUt the programmer was a big difference!

Hope I helped.

Thanks James!

Thnx 4 answering my earlier question but how did you take off the piece surrounding the radio and the cup holder piece?

Yeah I've heard great things about Henson Performance. If I ever do I have the money for a programmer, that's where I'll go. :thumbsup:

Did you paint those running boards? Sorry if someone asked before I'm tired haha. If you did I was wondering what paint what prep work and hows the traction. Mine are starting to show the age a little bit and I wanted to bridge the gap before I got nerf bars.

D1, the radio surround pops straight out. Then the ac controls and vents will come off of the surround. The cup holder has one screw holding it down under the rubber. Take the screw out, lift the arm rest and pull up where the arm rest latches to the center console. It should pop up and then pull towards the rear of the truck. It's pretty easy.

Green eyes, I Did paint the running boards. I used flat black krylon fusion spray paint. I wasn't too worried about how it turned out because I knew it would be easy to fix. All I Did was wash thoroughly with soap and water, and I used cardboard to prevent overspray on my truck. It has been about a year and it hasn't chipped. Very slightly faded but not chipped.

Thanks I might give it a shot I just have the gray panels so I wonder if the black boards would still good.

Back