Finally pulled the trigger | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally pulled the trigger

Looks good man!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So do I, it should work really well. I told him I wanted to use my bed still so he came up with this. Plus I am flush mounting small led bed/dust lights in to the bed cage cross bar.

The truck should be coming home tomorrow or early next week, some pic updates-
IMG_20130627_092834.jpg

2013-06-27-09-23-41_deco.jpg

2013-06-27-09-25-45_deco.jpg

Screenshot_2013-06-27-19-08-20.png

Good lord that is sexy

She is all done! Now I am just trying to find a ride to the shop to go pick her up.
PicsArt_1372455056203.jpg

PicsArt_1372455010230.jpg

Cool. Hold tight and I'll pick it up for you. Have you already paid so I can just drive off? :D

That looks good. If only the bed cage was a tad shorter to still be able to fit on the bed cover. Still lookin real good though. Gotta go to Gorman now :D

Oh man, I'm almost as excited as you to see how it all rides!

Looks awesome man. Now it's time to build a crossabr on the shock towers for the spare tire mount, that way you can carry your gear under the tire and it'll hlep keep things in the bed as well as secure it from other people's idle hands.

Heck yeah that looks sweet! I'm sure you're excited to get it back and test it all out.

That looks good. If only the bed cage was a tad shorter to still be able to fit on the bed cover. Still lookin real good though. Gotta go to Gorman now :D
Thank you. It was going to be but I requested for it to be above because I am flush mounting dust lights in to the crossbar. I will be in Gorman maybe once a month or so, I go to six flags every 1-2 months and I like to visit Gorman while I am out that way.

Oh man, I'm almost as excited as you to see how it all rides!
Not possible! I just got home with her, I only hit one dirt road but man she is smooth.

Looks awesome man. Now it's time to build a crossabr on the shock towers for the spare tire mount, that way you can carry your gear under the tire and it'll hlep keep things in the bed as well as secure it from other people's idle hands.
I will post up a pic of what I am going to do. It will hold 2 full size spares plus have room in the bed still. All in the works on paper but I need some more paper first to afford it.

Heck yeah that looks sweet! I'm sure you're excited to get it back and test it all out.
Oh yeah, too hot here in So Cal to go to the desert though. :( I will find something around me to play on.

More pics coming later or tomorrow. She is pretty dirty from sitting in a shop for 2 weeks so I already have my plans for tomorrow. I must say I am extremely happy so far. I heard from a lot of people say that mid travel is a waste of money but the trucks is better all the way around, on street and offroad.

Cool. Hold tight and I'll pick it up for you. Have you already paid so I can just drive off? :D

How did I miss this one?! I got her now, hours later..

IMG_20130628_174245.jpg

IMG_20130628_175421.jpg

PicsArt_1372476537541.jpg

IMG_20130628_205601.jpg

stmidtravel.jpg

Just playin' around, the jack was maxed out with block added. Later I am going to get another block and see how much further it will go.
PicsArt_1372528054091.jpg

PicsArt_1372528234205.jpg

Less driveway shots and more action ones! Looks great bud! Let me know when you head up to Gorman and ill meet you there for the day. Maybe others might want to go as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I second whar Demo said. ST meet in Gorman!!

Back