Firewall access | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firewall access

Post number 3 has been selected as best answered.

Wallenjr

Reaction score
City, State
Batavia, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'20 Ford Explorer Platinu
I have a 2020 Ford Explorer Limited. I have my emergency vehicle siren for the fire dept that I need to wire up. On my 2018 Explorer I found access through the passenger side. I'm having difficulty finding access in my 2020. Has anyone found an easy access point that wiring can be passed through? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You are the first to ask this in the 6th gen forum. Hopefully someone has found a way.

Peter

There's a grommet behind and above the cabin filter housing that can be used. You have to take the glove box out, but from there it's simple.

Sorry, I don't have a photo

There's a grommet behind and above the cabin filter housing that can be used. You have to take the glove box out, but from there it's simple.

Thank you very much. I will jump in and give that a shot.

Have you downloaded the Ford Police Modifiers Guide from the Police Interceptor website?

If gives you the OEM recommended locations

Have you downloaded the Ford Police Modifiers Guide from the Police Interceptor website?

If gives you the OEM recommended locations
Thank you very much. I didn't realize that this guide existed.

Check this video for access suggestions...https://youtu.be/-_edNx3C2lA

This is where it was described. I drilled a 1/2" hole and used a 1/2" hole grommet.

Back