Firewall Pass through connector pinout | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firewall Pass through connector pinout

n0xdw

Reaction score
City, State
Akron Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
85 Bronco II
Does anyone here have a pinout diagram of the pass through connector used on the 88-90 B2s and the 90-94 or so Xploders? I am getting ready to install a "new" pass through to replace the grommet feed through on the 85 B2 Project. I would sort of like to put the common circuits where they would have been from the factory but have been unable to find a pin out showing the holes and the function of the wires and color codes.

sorry all I have is 86 BII, 90 Aerostar and 93 Explorer, hahaha

I can scan these and send them to you possibly (11x17 on a 8x11 scanner)
I would reccomend however you map out the truck and map out your wiring harness, this is the ONLY way to make 100% sure you have it correct as Ford made slight changes in all years and the books may only get you 80% there, and if you do it by the book and its wrong, well back tracing is a PITA compared to making a map the first time around.

Since it did not even have a pass through connector, any guidance will be closer. Scans would be appreciated! 93 Explorer will probably be close, or at least closer.

Just an update...

Connector number is C147 on Exploders, and C105 on Rangers. I do not think a pin out exists. I have looked in 93, 94 Ranger and Explorer EVTMs and a fella at the Sterling Ford shop looked in the ones for 91, he could not find it either. It would be helpful to know :confused:
Still searching, I did find others looking for the same info on a Ranger board.

Back