2000StreetRod

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8
Greetings,

I am a retired electrical engineer. I've owned Oldsmobiles, a Willys, Jaguars, Jeeps, a Buick, Volvos, an Alfa Romeo, a BMW, Toyotas, and a Tahoe. I just purchased my first Ford - a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport as a project car. It is all original - 2WD, 4.0L SOHC, 5 speed automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, and Toreador red exterior. The body is in good condition but the clear coat paint is badly oxidized. The windshield is broken and the tires are bald. The interior seats and carpet need a good strong cleaning. After making the vehicle driveable and presentable I plan to improve the handling and performance - sort of a current technology street rod. I suspect I'll have many questions for the forum. I'll also try to contribute technical answers as I become more experienced.

Regards, Dale

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome Dale, its a great site, I always used it, then I decided to register, you can find damn near just about anything on here, and if not, ask, and theres plently that are more than willing to help you out :)

Hi and welcome to the Explorer world Dale.

welcome dale

Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will love your ford :)

Back