First wheelin with the SFA (lots of pics) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First wheelin with the SFA (lots of pics)

I got the trac bar mount welded today. It was about wore out, so that's good now. I also had the sucker way over to the left. I had to adjust it about 2 inches over toward the right. Now i'm in good shape. Tighened all my heim joints up, so i'm ready to rock and roll. That bolts that i put the locktite on are still tight, so that's good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics, it makes a guy wanna go wheeling.

I've got a few short videos from the trip and I'm uploading to my public html folder. So I'll have those up shortly!

Josh, I love your Ex. It looks great, and it looks like it's got the performance to back it up too :D

Well here are come short vids or our offroading this past weekend:

I think the best way to get this is right click and save target as

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3
Video 4
Video 5
Check out the mud he slings. His Jeep can throw it.
Video 6

Enjoy!

Thanks Chase. It held it own out there, not trying to brag or anything!

Traivs, i didn't get it to work cause i have to go to work sometime today! Freakin dial up.....

Looks as if the videos worked out pretty good for you Travis. Did you have any problems with the cd I burnt for you all?

video 4: haha... he beeped his horn. i love the way the lockers just keep pulling you forward too! amazing..

video 5: what happened.. invisible wall?

looks like you guys had fun! those ruts looked deep!

This is what im talking about ppl, since all my friends dont really romp i always go out by myself.. end up getting stuck and it takes me til night to dig myself out. i live in phoenix arizona anyone be interested in hooking it up with me for sum fun? i would love to go out with someone where we could pull eachother out. my friend is the only one that goes with me and hes got a 85 chevy k5 blazer. it does and the winch helps but he refuses to buy new tires so we are always hooking up the winch.. im looking for someone who know's what there doing so we could have a blast.. anyone interested?

Josh that looks like you guys had a *****en time. looks like my trip up to crown king here when it was rainy!
BTW the videos work fine with me, and as usual your X always pulling j*eps out of ruts.. when those j*eps gonna learn they cant play with the big dogs? :cool:
:rolleyes:

Oh yeah and do those side nerf bars get in the way at all? they look great! do they have any uses? I.E. do they perform well as a step up bar or do they just sit there for looks? its hard to get into my X because its so damn high and GF is complaining about it.:frustrate

Those are my sliders. They serve all kinds of purpose, use them for steps, use them to jack from if need be, slide over rocks. They are welded on.

Yeah we had a good time. Ruts here are huge. Not many people travel those roads anymore since it's getting so bad and the rain just makes it worse....or more fun, which ever way you look it.

Making fun of me for honking my horn, i'll remember that Jason!:p The lockers just don't give up, they just keep pulling so you better hold on!

is your X manual? cause ummmm few of those movies the situations could have been easily preventable. i know its different watching from a veiw instead of in the ****pit but some of that could have been made effortlessly. you just trying out your new mods?

Yeah it's a manual. Use to be an automatic. If you're talking about the small hill climb, i wasn't trying to get over that. That video doesn't do that hill justice. I went over to the right and climbed it, but i wasn't going to where it was. I didn't push the truck TO hard, but it did what i wanted it to do.

you talking about video 4?
looks like driveshaft would have caught hell josh went straight up that steep hill - manual has nothing to do with it IMO. Even with those big meats and solid axle the break over angle wasnt there.

though i have an automatic - next tranny (and yes there is always the "next tranny" :eek: ) will more than likely be 5 speed for me.

josh,
im thinking you need to find some cars to park on and take a pic. we could start the "drive over pose" there is a girl who parks in front of me at work with a 280zx - i could so drive over her car if it were wide enough.

I can't wait to find an old car to drive up on. I know Rick has a picture of him up on an old beater, i told my friends this weekend that i wanted to find something, don't worry, i'll keep my eyes open!

You mean like this:D

Attachments

• 117-1726_img.jpg
    117-1726_img.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 203

Yeah like that!! Except a car with tires ad wheels would be cool.

:D :eek: :D :D :eek: :D :cool: :p

MAKES ME WANNA GO TO A MONSTER TRUCK RALLY!!!!

love it! ive got an old dodge 3/4 ton that im going to try and climb over :monkey: :afro:

No im talking about the one that you knocked yourself out on the horn LOL :D the ruts.. coulda stayed left and avoided it all. all the slamming, put the ruts in between your tires.. but im guessing you wanted to put those lockers and your head vs horn strength to the test.:eek:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hammer: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll vouch for Josh about the video with the horn beep. I was the one videoing it. He was just doing that to see how the lockers worked. Josh's brother and Brad in the Jeep went right up the hill without getting in those ruts. They don't have near the lift as Josh. But we still all had a blast.

Back