Flomaster ?

seanthenerd

Reaction score
City, State
East Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer Sport
Quick question on flowmasters...

I have a '97 Sport 4.0L SOHC with dual in / single out factory. I want to put a flowmaster muffler in, but I want the exhaust to sound deep and throaty the only flowmaster that I know will fit with no prblem in the 50 Series dual in/ single out. Will this give me the results I want?

any info will help thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All the Flowmasters I've ever heard are deep and throaty. 50 should be perfect.

i have a 94 explorer with the 4.0 and i put the three chamber flowmaster cat-back sytem on it. It sounded alright, nothing big until i hollowed out my cats. now its really loud.real deep and throaty.

hollowing out cats is a :nono:

no offense to anyone, but please don't follow his example.

Alec, isn't it true hollowing the cats will raise the risk of backfiring/detonation?

very possible, depending on the vehicle.

Originally posted by Matt Furniss
i have a 94 explorer with the 4.0 and i put the three chamber flowmaster cat-back sytem on it. It sounded alright, nothing big until i hollowed out my cats. now its really loud.real deep and throaty.

Did you do that yourself? or did you have a shop do it? If i had my way, i'd just take the damn things off! Hell, the last "vet" test i had, i had readings of a 2003 model!

Back