• Register Today It's free!

Flood damage?

Davies0202

Reaction score
City, State
Blandon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 mountaineer 4.6
Got caught in a flash flood had to drive through some water was just wondering if our transmissions, and differentials have breather holes I could of sucked water into when submerged? Engine runs fine not worried about that just worried if the differential and transmission could of sucked water in or if there sealed. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, the there is a breather for the axle/differential housings, transmission, and transfer case.

Yes, the there is a breather for the axle/differential housings, transmission, and transfer case.
Alright yikes thank you time to change some fluids I guess lol

I foolishly drove through deep standing water years ago. Did nothing and needed a new transmission (manual) soon after.

I foolishly drove through deep standing water years ago. Did nothing and needed a new transmission (manual) soon after.
Yeah lol I wish I didn’t but didn’t exactly see it until it was to late and figured better go through than back out and let it soak in. It was probably a little under bumper height so I’m just gonna change every fluid probably

Back