Flowmaster cat-back exhaust system install and REVIEW!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster cat-back exhaust system install and REVIEW!!!

smiley1 said:
Just stick your head in a cannon. :eek:

I drove around the block, down the freeway, and right back to the Muffler shop. My head hurts even thinking about it.

Really???? I was told if anything they are quiter than Flowmaster. All of the shops and people I spoke with agreed on one thing - since there is 4 cats in the system nothing would be that terribly loud. It seems that they muffle the sound quite a bit before it reaches the muffler.

What car / truck and engine did you have the Magnaflow installed on?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the 98 5.0 AWD. I had them install a duel in single out with 3" pipe out to the back in the stock location. Quiet idle but MAJOR DRONE during normal driving and highway speeds.

I have duel magnaflows on my 68 firebird. Also very loud but its a muscle car and makes it sound awsome.

Perhaps the 3" pipe is to blame? What size muffler did you get? The guy was quoting me a 14".

spta97 said:
Perhaps the 3" pipe is to blame? What size muffler did you get? The guy was quoting me a 14".

Yes, that has a great deal to do with it. But I will tell you this: I still have the 3" welded to the back of my stock muffler and it is only slightly louder than stock. I dont recall the size. I only know it was almost the same size of the stocker, mabe a bit smaller.

When I have to replace the existing system I will use a custom 2.5" bolted to a 70 series flowmaster.

Wouldn't the 70 series be too quite and not much louder than stock? The cat-back system in this thread uses the 50 series muffler.

Also, was it a V8 that you had the Magnaflow on?

spta97 said:
Wouldn't the 70 series be too quite and not much louder than stock? The cat-back system in this thread uses the 50 series muffler.

Also, was it a V8 that you had the Magnaflow on?

I think it would sound just right for me and yes, I had the magnaflow on a V8.

Back