FMS 5.0L Header install ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FMS 5.0L Header install ?

5L? howd it go? I'm having a hard time finding any mods for my car that are cheaper than $1000 for HP.. I tried pricing a cam, headers and a port and polish on the heads today. the shop gave me a $6000 price!! ridiculous....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$6k? are you serious? on a 5 liter? go somewere else. that is just horrendous. you can have a NEW built 5.0 for that, and i mean BUILT.

headers...

anyone willing to sell a set of headers for the gt40p heads to go on my truck with the peice welded on for the egr. I want a direct bolt on. Any takers?

thats what they told me.. 90% of that is labor, it'd be cool if someone could get up a photo how-to on these headers.

i'm beginning to wonder if theres any easy-to do mods on my engine heh, and I'm not sure how to go about headers at all.

One of these days I will have a website on the Ranger V8 swap and will get around to doing the headers on the Mountaineer. I will let you guys know when I get there!

For the engine mods, better exhaust is the number one priority. For simple next step, look into the Powerdyne/FRPP supercharger. Alot of cash, but straight forward and a real HP increase. I will go that route, unless I go 351W and/or custom twin screw supercharger... One must have goals!

Back